Respected Contributor

@culebra@mkinpa @MsLomo 

Thanks so much for your reply ! I'm thinking about trying

them ! There are some that pop up on the bay that are

new or barely used ! I have the Milano Natural Ostrich

that I love and haven't had any problems with. The leather

on the Milano is thinner and not stiff. I put a leather

conditioner on it and it helped soften it.

The conditioner also takes away any surface scratches

you may get ! I can do the same with the Roma 2

to help with the softening ! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@MorningLover- I did condition the natural ostrich  it brought back the color , luster and softenened ever so slightly. I use a old bottle of  Michael Kors leather conditioner that is made for light color leathers- so it does not darkened the leather..The leather is very sturdy and even softened- retains the structure.

Respected Contributor

Alas, the GILI bag arrived and is being returned this morning. One tassle missing completely. Odd. It does collapse, but the bottom is hard and so wide that it doesn't settle against the body, rather sticks out. Loved the clip (Roma 2), though, which really helps to change the tote shape to hobo. *sigh*

original.png

Trusted Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Alas, the GILI bag arrived and is being returned this morning. One tassle missing completely. Odd. It does collapse, but the bottom is hard and so wide that it doesn't settle against the body, rather sticks out. Loved the clip (Roma 2), though, which really helps to change the tote shape to hobo. *sigh*

original.png

I am so sorry it was missing a tassel (even though the shape/form didn't meet your standards either) Thanks for your review!

Trusted Contributor

@Lally wrote:

Thanks for sending me good vibes for the metallic. I have always felt pulled to this color when QVC offers.  It will be delivered tomorrow. And yes I surely do want that tassel and strap.Smiley Happy The dust cover they can keep, as I have others.

@Lally, did you receive the metallic Roma 3? Hope you got a good one!

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I Handbag Talk!

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover wrote:

I have a question for any Roma 2 Ivory Ostrich owners.

I was watching an old Lisa R video and she said the

Ivory Ostrich leather would soften with use. Have you

found that to be true ? Have you used it very much ? Smiley Happy

@MorningLover I haven't used the bag a great deal. It has softened a bit, but not a great deal. I suspect it will soften a bit more with more considerable use than mine gets, but would also guess it will only soften up to a point. It's a sturdy but not overly stiff bag. It is also an absolutely beautiful bag. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb  I own the ROMA 2 in Ostrich Natural.  It has softened a bit, but it is more of a seasonal bag for me.  I will say thought the Ostrich finish in the ROMA 2 is beautiful and so classy looking.

Honored Contributor

I agree @culebra. They are beautiful bags and I too tend to use mine more often in the fall and winter, even the ivory... I also own the natural and wanted the more grey tone, but never landed that one. Like so many of us, I do wish they'd bring back the bag as it was... For me, none of the 'reinventions' has really worked...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

@Lally wrote:

Thanks for sending me good vibes for the metallic. I have always felt pulled to this color when QVC offers.  It will be delivered tomorrow. And yes I surely do want that tassel and strap.Smiley Happy The dust cover they can keep, as I have others.

@Lally, did you receive the metallic Roma 3? Hope you got a good one!

Hey there...       It arrived Friday. 😄 I took it with me to a weekend writing conference. The bag received a lot of attention. With all of that love, I have to keep it despite the size being a tad too small for my stuff. 

Respected Contributor

Jill's Facebook......

Jill, was wondering since the Roma 4 is so popular if you are going

to make it in more Ostrich colors and Ostrich pouches.

Love the Roma its the best   !!!

Jill Martin reply.... May 31 at 10:50pm

Have new Roma 4's coming in Fall
......  you are going to FLIP  !·