Frequent Contributor

Hi @annespan

I do not have either bag- but I have seen the roma3 in the lavendar croco- which looks like a similar color family. The color was very nice- not pastel- but not gray. It looked very wardrobe friendly!.I am not sure how the different leather types affect the color. I have it on my wishlist. Let us know what you decide.

Capture.JPG

Super Contributor

Thanks, mkinpa!  I went with the oval crossbody in Lavender.  All of my crossbodies are in darker colors so it will be nice to have this I think.  I will report back when I receive it.  Smiley Happy

Have a good weekend!

Frequent Contributor
Respected Contributor

The "new" foldover pales in comparison to the classy original. Tassle! Hardware! Shape. Leather. *sigh* This was NOT an improvement in design.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.31.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.31.41 AM.png

Respected Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I Handbag Talk!

[ Edited ]

@1Professor Here's another look ! What do you think ?

G.I.L.I. Smooth Leather Large Foldover Satchel

G.I.L.I. Croco Embossed Italian Leather Foldover Tote ( in back)

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

The "new" foldover pales in comparison to the classy original. Tassle! Hardware! Shape. Leather. *sigh* This was NOT an improvement in design.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.31.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.31.41 AM.png

Good to see you @1Professor... and as for the design, no, it's not an improvement. Sadly, it appears none of the new designs represent improvements... or even status quo...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

thanks so much @mkinpa!

just ordered the foldover tote in the black. it was a difficult decision.....black or pink? my black portfolio and medium pouch will work well in this. cannot wait to get it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@MorningLover @Chi-town girl @Ilovelife123 @illinois8 @Bird mama @hicindy2 & GILI bag lovers!

There was a lovely feeding frenzy on the GILI re-appearing foldover last night! $283, 6 easy pay, free shipping. At one point, all but two colors were gone.

This morning the price is up $30, but still free shipping. All colors are now back, except blue cobra. A lot of second-thoughts, perhaps.

I caved on the blue cobra. Loved the demo of hooking the double loops on the side to change the shape. Still worried about the hard ware. Still hating the tassle-thingy. Too small and weird for a large bag. I do love the interior of a GILI bag. May send it back, but get to play with it!

Meanwhile, I'm thinking I might switch out one of my large GILI tassles from another bag. I adore that large tassle! What do you think? Notice how great the original tassle looks on the original foldover.

original.png

original-1.png

Honored Contributor

@1Professor

On no, Professor, you caved?  Although I find the foldover tote a little too skinny for me depthwise, I agree that the LR looks truly a cut above what is being offered now.  I hope you are pleased with your blue cobra :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama: Caved, but not committed to keeping it. With free shipping, I get a chance to play with it. (I sent both Veronas back, no problem!)