Honored Contributor

What would make me flip is the return of the Roma 2...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

A query for Gili girls: For those who have the original large Roma and picked up the Roma 4, which of those two do you prefer? Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor

I prefer the original large Roma, hands down to anything since then, I have it 4 colors and have beat the black one to death, but I still get compliments on it everytime I travel with it!

I ordered the Roma 4 in 2 colors when it debuted, but sent them both back as they both had issues. I just ordered an As is Roma 4, couldn't resist the price, hoping it is intact when it arrives.

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I Handbag Talk!

[ Edited ]

@Neecole wrote:

I prefer the original large Roma, hands down to anything since then, I have it 4 colors and have beat the black one to death, but I still get compliments on it everytime I travel with it!

I ordered the Roma 4 in 2 colors when it debuted, but sent them both back as they both had issues. I just ordered an As is Roma 4, couldn't resist the price, hoping it is intact when it arrives.

@Neecole Thanks Neecole! That's what I was thinking. Hope you get a good "as is" on this try! I do really wish they'd bring back the original Roma just like it was.

Honored Contributor

G.I.L.I. girls: This is under Just Reduced clearance today...

Most Wished For
QVC Price: $336.00Clearance Price: $249.00
Available for 5 Easy Payments

Respected Contributor
A273682
G.I.L.I. Leather East/West Tote Bag

QVC PRICE:$330.00

+S&H: $11.97

or 4 Easy Pays of $49.66

+ S&H and tax

5 options

Honored Contributor

I continue to wonder if they're pricing these bags ridiculously high so they can mark them down quickly and make it look like they're offering bargains... It's an each to their own kind of thing, but I think even the sale prices are high for what they're offering, though they're certainly more in keeping with reality than the initial prices listed...

Frequent Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  In addition, QVC does not seem to be offering sales prices on some items to their QVC customers, that to one degree or another, have bought into the G.I.L.I. brand. The uber-expensive G.I.L.I. leather weekender, normally priced at $449 is on Zuilly for $229.  I think that is unfair to QVC customers.

Respected Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I Handbag Talk!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb @MorningLover @Serendipity & GILI handbag gals:

While I am a lover of the original Roma 2, I enjoy handbag shows.

I have noticed recently that there are fewer and fewer GILI bag shows. Wondering why? Wondering if it has to do with Jill's availability?

They have a busload of styles now, WAY more than before. Wondering how they plan to unload them.

Honored Contributor

I'd say @1Professor that one of the pretty clear disadvantages (among, in my opinion, many...) of having Jill as the front person for this line is her multiple commitments. When a QVC host fronted the line, she was there day in and day out, had her own regular shows, and was almost always available to present. That's no longer the case. But added to that, there just seems an altogether different sales model being employed. If you think back, Lisa didn't do a lot of 'Gili' shows. Usually there was a big build up to a new bag that was then premiered on her FB page and presented during one of her eponymous shows. Then too, if you think back, there weren't new (or, more to the point, modifications of the same...) Gili bags being unveiled quite so often... Personally, give me the old days with fewer bags but with seemingly better concepts and quality that was a bit more premium... Oh, and Lisa as opposed to Jill...

Woman Wink