Respected Contributor

Would you be willing to let someone come into your closet and see what outfits she could create using what's there along with your accessories and shoes/boots.

Most of the time we all tend to pull out the same tops and bottoms over and over again and probably not making the best use of our pieces. I think it would be fun and interesting to see what they would come up with to expand my wardrobe. 

I have learned now to leave out some of my tank tops to layer under sweaters where as I used to put them all away with my other summer clothes. So how many of you would like to have someone do this for you?

Esteemed Contributor

I would love this. I have no fashion sense at all. I’m sure they would guit cause how many combos can they get out of all black tops and pants! 🤣🤣 I really need someone to take me shopping. I’m hopeless. 

Honored Contributor

No way!!  I know what I like to pair with my jeans and am too private a person to have anyone nibbing in my closet.  I also don't like accessories  and know what shoes/boots I like with certain jeans.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fun Closet Idea

[ Edited ]

My closet is black, navy and denim bottoms, black or white tops and the occasional purple or pink.

It all goes together.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

That would be fun! My wardrobe has lots of colors in it, but I know I’m guilty of reaching for the “tried and true” items all too often. I had an employee years ago who used a personal shopper to help her buy an outfit for a gala event that her husband’s business was sponsoring. The shopper put together 4 or 5 selections for her to consider. My employee said the one she bought wasn’t anything she would have chosen if she was shopping on her own and that she got compliments on it all night long. So sometimes it pays to have another perspective.

Honored Contributor

I have all neutral color bottoms and wear my color in my tops, so combos to put together are rather endless despite that I don't own near the amount of clothing some women do.

Esteemed Contributor

I can put together an outfit from a bag of discards, but I understand many are not  comfortable with being their own stylist, and some of those people usually buy outfits as shown in store displays, ads, catalogs and websites. Of course those people would benefit from having someone show them what they can do with items they already own. As for those who feel they don't need help, speaking for myself I wouldn't refuse to have a fresh objective eye take a look at my closet.  What I'm doing may be fine, but a new perspective could see somethng I've overlooked.  

Regular Contributor

I like to do this myself. Before shopping for a new season I go through my loot & I'm always surprised to find things I forgot I had. It saves $$ too, I just now started going through some things and found some turtlenecks I prchased on clearance at the end of last winter that I forgot about. 

Honored Contributor

I agree w/ some others that my clothing is mostly black or neutrals and easily mixed or matched. I enjoy accessories so have a lot of scarves, belts and costume jewelry as well as my “real” things. Sometimes I find a new or different way to add accessories to an outfit and would like to remember that. I just take a photo of the entire outfit + extras hanging on a rod in my closet before putting it away.

Honored Contributor

I am pretty good at putting together outfits on my own, but I would not be opposed to having someond come in and give me suggestions. After all is said and done, I would still make the decision on what I want to wear.