Frequent Contributor

Oh! I love the Frye look but I don’t know anything about them. Please keep giving information so I can know as much as possible before I order one handbag that I don’t need! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor I do wonder whether QVC is actually expanding their brand offerings or merely bringing in a few things from 'outside' brands on a 'from time to time' basis. I didn't watch the Frye (or Liebeskind) show, but did pull up the offerings from both brands online and they seemed relatively meager. One wonders if these are some sort of 'test runs' or if maybe they just intended to do a 'fly over'. The scheduled time for the shows also makes one wonder if they don't intend to really push either brand...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor I do wonder whether QVC is actually expanding their brand offerings or merely bringing in a few things from 'outside' brands on a 'from time to time' basis. I didn't watch the Frye (or Liebeskind) show, but did pull up the offerings from both brands online and they seemed relatively meager. One wonders if these are some sort of 'test runs' or if maybe they just intended to do a 'fly over'. The scheduled time for the shows also makes one wonder if they don't intend to really push either brand...

@stevieb: Test runs, it appears (from a psychology of marketing perspective). Some of the Frye had been last year, now discontinued on their web site. All the Frye had low inventory and sold out within minutes during the presentation. Testing.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb: Test runs, it appears (from a psychology of marketing perspective). Some of the Frye had been last year, now discontinued on their web site. All the Frye had low inventory and sold out within minutes during the presentation. Testing.

I suspected it was a limited run @1Professor based on the time the shows were scheduled. One sort of had to figure they didn't have a lot to go around. It'll be interesting to see if they take these brands on or if this is going to be an occasional thing, possibly even involving other brands and overstocks... 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb:

Well to confirm our "test the market" suspicions, the Cara handbag, which I ordered, is NOW BACK. During the presentation, this handbag sold out without a presentation to the surprise of the host (What?! It sold out? We haven't even presented it!!)

original.png

I ordered this bag before it sold out, apparently on the slow train, due November 21.

This morning it is back in ALL COLORS! 

Maybe Frye was waiting to see how it sold, before releasing more?

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb:

Well to confirm our "test the market" suspicions, the Cara handbag, which I ordered, is NOW BACK. During the presentation, this handbag sold out without a presentation to the surprise of the host (What?! It sold out? We haven't even presented it!!)

original.png

I ordered this bag before it sold out, apparently on the slow train, due November 21.

This morning it is back in ALL COLORS! 

Maybe Frye was waiting to see how it sold, before releasing more?

@1Professor Wow... that is slow, even for them... Makes me wonder if these were advance orders. They used to say when they were, but I don't think they always do these days... As for all the colors popping back, well, it could be that they added more stock or it could be 'buyer's remorse'. It'd be interesting to know how many they have available in each color... Either way, good that you will get the one you selected... Hoping it exceeds your expectations... It's a cute bag. I'd love to see it in that pretty saturated blue Frye sometimes offers and also in their 'burnt red'...

Occasional Contributor

I ordered the Cara too, in burgundy.  I hope I don't die from old age before it gets here, lol.  I never had a Frye bag before, I was taken in by the bag's simplicity and lack of frou-frou.  Now, ordinarily I'm all about the frou-frou, but I really liked the look of the Cara.  I do have a question:  What color is the hardware?  I would swear it's silvertone but it's described as "antiqued" - that's a new one on me.  I looked on the website and the Melissa bag has the same hardware description.  BTW, I really like the Melissa, I might have to get it instead if Cara and I don't get along, lol.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor and all: FRYE is featured on Zulily today (Friday, Nov. 17)! Good price markdowns! Lots of shoes, sandles and boots, too. Ship date is Dec. 3.

Burgundy (Burnt Red):

Black Cherry:

Saddle:

AND...the matching wallets are nicely marked down with free shipping on Amazon in Burnt Red, Black Cherry and Saddle.

FRYE Campus Rivet Zip Around Wallet

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@1Professor and all: FRYE is featured on Zulily today (Friday, Nov. 17)! Good price markdowns! Lots of shoes, sandles and boots, too. Ship date is Dec. 3.

Burgundy (Burnt Red):

Black Cherry:

Saddle:

AND...the matching wallets are nicely marked down with free shipping on Amazon in Burnt Red, Black Cherry and Saddle.

FRYE Campus Rivet Zip Around Wallet

@EdithEllenLilyThanks for the heads-up!  I like both the Campus Rivet Hobo and the Melissa Suede Hobo, but am hesitant because of their no return policy.  I might pay $5 more and get the fatique suede hobo on Amazon.

Screenshot 2017-11-17 11.16.48.png

Esteemed Contributor

If someone likes the Cara hobo in "burgundy", Amazon has one for $133. Free ship with prime plus free returns and it seems like it is sent out in about 15 minutes. Woman Wink

Image result for images frye Cara in burgundy