Respected Contributor

@momjules @twocent @beckyb1012 @libbyannE @mare54

The Frey boots and bags are now UP!

Love these:

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.09.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.09.09 PM.png

Respected Contributor

It's nice to see that they are offering free shipping on the Frye items!

Respected Contributor

Just ordered both of these, not wishing to wait for possible frenzy tonight (10 pm California time). 

original-1.png

original.png

Checked out everything I could find on the web, reviews, videos. Heads up: apparently the boots run narrow-ish.

Regular Contributor

That Cara Hobo handbag is on Hautelook for $199.97.

Trusted Contributor

@1Professor

Gorgeous leather !  Enjoy !

* Another option  to watch for is Nordstrom Rack.   They sometimes  offer Frye at a steal! 

OH my !!!!!!!!   They are having a flash event right now but not much left to choose from  . Check out their Cara bag, only one left!        Hurry!!!!

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

I used to buy their boots. Had three or four pair, one of which I literally wore out, the others of which I never could seem to break in to the point of any reasonable semblance of comfort... As for their bags, the leather is nice, but with just a few exceptions I've seen over the past several years, they don't really seem to have any significant style... Given the usual pricing and even realizing the brand can be had for less than it will be sold for here, I'm not much interested...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@apl_pi14 wrote:

That Cara Hobo handbag is on Hautelook for $199.97.

I found it this am and almost bought myself, but I do like the Melissa better. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I used to buy their boots. Had three or four pair, one of which I literally wore out, the others of which I never could seem to break in to the point of any reasonable semblance of comfort... As for their bags, the leather is nice, but with just a few exceptions I've seen over the past several years, they don't really seem to have any significant style... Given the usual pricing and even realizing the brand can be had for less than it will be sold for here, I'm not much interested...

@stevieb: I AM looking forward to the boots, particularly short ones. That model is getting high reviews on many sellers' web cites.

As to the bag, I like the simplicity, zen look. No hardware. Bucket style. Plus Q is easy for a return. Plus free shipping. The bag reminds me, fondly, of the purse I had in high school. A bucket bag where one flap folded over the other on top, to produce a closed top. Everyone had one. Often search for it, but no luck on handbag resale cites. Way too old, I suspect.

Just returned this morning a high-end Brahmin. I hadn't even taken the tags off. Much to love about it, but not enough for the price. Plus it had suede, SO hard to keep clean. I've returned ALL my GILI purses this year. Sigh. Selling several high end at consignment, purging the collection to ones I'd really use a lot.

As many of us have complained, the Q should carry more/different handbag vendors. Frye is one such attempt. I applaud!

Honored Contributor

I love Frye, but I'm certain the Q will be the most expensive place to buy their products.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb: I AM looking forward to the boots, particularly short ones. That model is getting high reviews on many sellers' web cites.

As to the bag, I like the simplicity, zen look. No hardware. Bucket style. Plus Q is easy for a return. Plus free shipping. The bag reminds me, fondly, of the purse I had in high school. A bucket bag where one flap folded over the other on top, to produce a closed top. Everyone had one. Often search for it, but no luck on handbag resale cites. Way too old, I suspect.

Just returned this morning a high-end Brahmin. I hadn't even taken the tags off. Much to love about it, but not enough for the price. Plus it had suede, SO hard to keep clean. I've returned ALL my GILI purses this year. Sigh. Selling several high end at consignment, purging the collection to ones I'd really use a lot.

As many of us have complained, the Q should carry more/different handbag vendors. Frye is one such attempt. I applaud!

@1Professor Agree on the positivity of QVC finally offering a bit more variety. It won't impact me, because I don't tend to shop much from here these days. I'm both on long-term handbag restriction and when I am shopping, am finding better deals elsewhere... though free shipping is always a bonus.

As for the Gili's... I'd been sort of tempted by the suede and the croco Romas but never ordered either and think that, for me, the brand is pretty much done, barring anything truly unexpected... Still, sorry none of them worked out for you.

I know the exact bucket bag of which you speak. It seemed as a kid that all the 'grown ups' had one and I recall being fascinated with how the top flaps opened and closed... I too have thought a lot about that bag and had wondered if anyone had ever done a replica...

Enjoy your purchases !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...