Honored Contributor

Re: Frye and Co. Handbags!!!

@JavaQueen wrote:

That kind of bag is the kind where scratches don't  look out of place. It's creating your own vintage bag. (At least in the brown--there's a fibe line between a bag with "character" and one that is just beat up and looks like it went through a war..)

I definitely don't like scratches on my classic Coach or more demure "ladylike" bags. Smiley Happy

ITA!!  I have many classy & ladylike bags and wanted something more rugged looking for those times I want a different look.  

Honored Contributor

I really thought they were pretty, and different from what QVC has. I do like a Key keeper too, wish they did have those. I have gotten so used to those with all of my Dooneys.....

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

I had a question is Frye & Co. a lower tier of the Frye bags..  They seem more affordable than the "regular" Frye.

They do look nice if you like the Western vibe.

@JavaQueenthis is no doubt a sister company of the real Frye. This Frye&Co. is imported and the real Frye boots and bags are still made in the US, the price reflects that. Check the Frye site out on line and you will be able to tell the difference in the look and quality in the products. I will say though, these knock offs are probably more comfortable than the real Frye boots, the reviewers online say they need to break the shoes and boots in. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Frye boots are incredible and worth the break in.... seriously! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I have been buying Frye bags for years.  I treat myself to one every Nordstrom Anniversary sale.  They wear like iron,  I never treat them or baby them in any way. They go thru snow and rain without spotting. My philosophy is “ If I have to baby them,I don’t want them.” 

Honored Contributor

I have always been crazy about the Melissa so I went to Dillard about a year ago to look at in person.  Almost as big as me @CANDLEQUEEN.  Love a big bag but not one that I could carry all my laundry in.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012. I don't like a huge bag like that either. I like a roomy bag, but not like carrying a mini suitcase! lol!

Honored Contributor

My dh bought me a Frye suede, fringe purse for Christmas a few years ago the he found online. I love it! Everytime I use it I get tons of compliments! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't handle big bags either.  Neck and shoulder issues plus I am 5'2".  However, if someone here is a Big Bag Gal, don't forget Nordstrom Rack.  They have some Frye bags on super discount.  Plus some wallets to pop inside. 

Frye - Melissa Large Leather HoboFrye - Melissa Large Leather HoboFrye - Lucy Leather Crossbody Bag

Nylon backpack too

Frye - Ivy Mini Nylon Backpack

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Search continues! Finding the perfect crossbody.