Honored Contributor

I watched a little bit of their show last night, and I loved several of their handbags......Does anyone own any? I did put several on my Wishlist.......

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Frye and Co. Handbags!!!

No, I do not own one.  I did not order one.  The price point seems high for what you get.  My biggest criticism is that there does not seem to be much in the way of organization: a lack of outside pockets, inside pockets and key keepers.

Respected Contributor

I had a question is Frye & Co. a lower tier of the Frye bags..  They seem more affordable than the "regular" Frye.

They do look nice if you like the Western vibe.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own several Frye bags and they are great. I don’t need lots of pockets and feet on the bottom. I only carry their smaller bags (less than 12x8 or so) they are pricy but I’ve gotten several on sale at Nordstrom Rack or Amazon. I don’t carry much, only a small wallet, phone, keys and sunglasses so I don’t  need a huge honkin bag. I like some of the new ones but they are to big. I also prefer to get them from Zappos where they have free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

a304236.jpeg

A304236 Love this style! To larger for my needs...colors are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I really like these bags.  They have more organization and pockets than Frye per want the vendor said.  They are the same quality and from the same company only alittle more reasonably priced.  I ordered the studded tote in pewter.  I absolutely loved that bag and liked that it had a good size outside pocket. I also ordered a pair of their leisure sneaks with studs & zipper.  I also like that they have free shipping.  

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN Gosh, I wish I hadn't read this thread.  I really like the Frye Haircalf Demi Satchel in black, and I would never have noticed it if not but for this thread.  

A342288 reminds me of a black Coach Rogue, but with darkened hardware and some extra pockets.  It may even look nicer than a Rogue (and I love Rogues) due to the rolled handles, which would be the near equivalent to the whipstiched handles on a Coach Rogue.  

I also like the new Dooney Selleria Florentine Domed Satchel in black and bordeaux, expecially, but I think I like the Frye satchel more due to its casual, relaxed vibe.  

Honored Contributor

Love these bags, beautifully done BUT the leather is somewhat like Dooney's Florentine leather (which I love) however they tend to get a lot of scratches and the scratches (no matter what Dooney says) do not totally rub out.  If you don't mind that look, they're great bags, if you do then it'll drive you nuts.

Our Dillards has a nice variety of these bags and they ALL have a lot of significant scratches from being handled by the public....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Something unique about Frye handbags, vintage vibe, classic timeless.

Might just have to climb on board- Frye ride off into the sunset! 😁

Respected Contributor

That kind of bag is the kind where scratches don't  look out of place. It's creating your own vintage bag. (At least in the brown--there's a fibe line between a bag with "character" and one that is just beat up and looks like it went through a war..)

I definitely don't like scratches on my classic Coach or more demure "ladylike" bags. Smiley Happy