Valued Contributor

Hi All.  For those of you who have Frye Handbags, do their leathers take on water stains/spots?  I ask because I am considering buying a Carson Tote (A342281) but I do not want to buy a bag that I have to worry about getting wet and staining.  Any responses are appreciated!  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I have several Frye bags and they do not water stain as far as I know. Mine don’t get wet because it hardly ever rains here but I’m pretty sure they don’t stain.

Super Contributor

I’ve never had a problem with water spots on my Frye handbags.  I did recently treat them with the Frye conditioner as a preventative measure.  I love my Frye handbags!

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty @Deb665 - Thank you both!   My bags really don't get wet either, but I just wanted to check just in case.

Trusted Contributor

I have several Frye bags plus a large Melissa tote. They have been out in rain,sleet, and snow and no weather-related spots can be seen.  I don’t baby my bags— if I have to baby them, I don’t want them. 

Honored Contributor

I saw part of the show and loved a lot of their bags......Would love to own one in the very near future!

Honored Contributor

I went to Dillards a while back to look at the Melissa, thought it was so nice online.  In person still lovely but almost as big as me.  Passed on it after seeing how big it was.  Leather looked wonderful.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

The leather is nice but heavy.  If you like a worn look then you will like Frye.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Frye bag & boots from years ago and they don’t waterspot.  They aren’t the same quality now since becoming mass produced.  I sent back.