Valued Contributor

Frustrated with the Q not price matching

I bought a Patricia Nash handbag when she was on QVC. I just discovered last night that she has the same purse, same color, for $47.15 less than I got it for here. This is not a sale price, but her regular price on her site. I was quite surprised to see this since I thought vendors usually offer items cheaper on the Q than they do on their own sites. Not in this case, however. Plus, no shipping or tax. I contacted QVC since I'm still in my return period to see if they would adjust the price, but no. So, I'm going to return it to QVC and repurchase directly from Nash's site. Even with the $6.95 return shipping fee, I'll still be ahead. (When I bought this, I looked first at Macy's and other retailers, but none of them had the same color. Didn't see it at the time on her site, so went ahead and bought.) 

Honored Contributor

Re: Frustrated with the Q not price matching

@qualityshopper wrote:

I bought a Patricia Nash handbag when she was on QVC. I just discovered last night that she has the same purse, same color, for $47.15 less than I got it for here. This is not a sale price, but her regular price on her site. I was quite surprised to see this since I thought vendors usually offer items cheaper on the Q than they do on their own sites. Not in this case, however. Plus, no shipping or tax. I contacted QVC since I'm still in my return period to see if they would adjust the price, but no. So, I'm going to return it to QVC and repurchase directly from Nash's site. Even with the $6.95 return shipping fee, I'll still be ahead. (When I bought this, I looked first at Macy's and other retailers, but none of them had the same color. Didn't see it at the time on her site, so went ahead and bought.) 

@qualityshopper I never in the world thought that being on QVC was any guarantee of the lowest price, nor did I ever think they owed me for buying from them when it was sold somewhere else cheaper.

It's up to the shopper to shop.  Frankly I don't think you should be upset with QVC. 

Honored Contributor

That is a huge difference, but I would be more upset at myself than I would be at a company.  Once in a while I do hear a host say the price for a particular item is the lowest in the retail market, but most of the time I don't hear those words and wouldn't expect them to price match.

Can't post my other thought -  belongs on another site!

Valued Contributor

@Sooner --I did shop around, just missed it on Patricia Nash's site. Of course a shopper should do that. What I was pointing out was that, normally, QVC's price for an item is lower than what the vendor sells the same item for on their own website. In fact, QVC loves to point that out to customers . So, it surprised me that it wasn't like that this time. And, since I'm within the 30-day period, I thought they would adjust the price rather than have me return the bag, as other retailers do. Even HSN did that for me once. 

Doesn't matter now anyway because I just ordered it from P. Nash's site and saved $77.00 in total (got an extra 15% off because it was my first order from them). 

Valued Contributor

@millieshops --As you can see from my response, I got an even better deal--so I'm quite pleased with how things turned out. As for your comment of "Once in a while I do hear a host say the price for a particular item is the lowest in the retail market, but most of the time I don't hear those words" --what I hear them say is how the Q's price is lower than the vendor sells it for themselves. I'm not talking about the whole retail market, just the vendor. I have heard the hosts say that many, many times. Now granted, I did not hear them make that claim about this handbag; I just expected it because that's how it is a lot of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

One thing I have learned to do is to google the name of the specific item I am tempted to buy.  Sometimes prices elsewhere are the same, but often there are places I can save money.  Obviously, this doesn’t work for everything.  But you never know.  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

One thing I have learned to do is to google the name of the specific item I am tempted to buy.  Sometimes prices elsewhere are the same, but often there are places I can save money.  Obviously, this doesn’t work for everything.  But you never know.  

@PamfromCTITA!! I always do that.  If I see something here I go online to see if I can find it cheaper and with free shipping & returns.  Sometimes I get lucky and find it.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow @qualityshopper thanks for sharing this information that the q price was $47 higher at QVC than directly from the vendor.  I know QVC is not a discount site so I understand if someone has a better sale, but you state this is the vendor's  regular price.  QVC's mark-up is shocking to me! You buried the lead.  I do agree with you that they should price match.  Just not god customer service here.

Respected Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I thought vendors usually offer items cheaper on the Q than they do on their own sites.

This is completely untrue, unfortunately.  Many many many times on this board, you'll see people posting that that they found an identical item elsewhere for less $$.  You do have to be vigilent.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York