Honored Contributor

I've been looking for a leather, cross body bag with outside pockets, not too small and under $ 200.00 . I looked on Amazon and found what looks like the perfect bag, that fills all of my requirements. Do any of you have Fossil bags, and do you like them?? TIA.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Really like the look of Fossil bags but find the leather scratches really easy so I have gotten away from purchasing them anymore.

Patricia Nash makes some stunning bags and they are not heavy and can get a great price on a good sale.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have one that I don't use anymore. I got it on sale at Macys...maybe 5 years ago?

It usually is a brand used by younger women.

Mine had a sheleton key attached to it.

I'd check out Macy's to see if you like the quality or another department store that carries the brand.

The leather wears and gets soft and looks worn.

I prefer Dooneys and if you go to the outlet stores, you can always get a great deal on them.

You can order directly from their site...and last time I looked, no tax nor shipping charges.

Why pay regular price plus a ridiculous shipping charge about $12+ dollars?

Esteemed Contributor

I have one I bought about a year ago and you're right, the leather does scratch easily and looks worn. I like my bags to look good with no scratches. I just bought a Frye crossbody at Dillards (it is a bit over your price target) but it doesn't scratch and is made of scrumptious leather plus the smell of real leather can't be beat.

Respected Contributor

Fossil Bags are really nice and I have had several over the years.  I still own and carry an all leather croco embossed barrel bag that is over 15 years old.  I also have one of their cloth bags they made about 7 or 8 years ago I love.  I think their designs are neat but for a much younger woman.  I started my Dooney and Bourke collection in the late 80's.  The leather is better and hold up longer.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

I have a few.  I like them a lot.  They hold up well.  I have not had any problems with mine.

Honored Contributor

I like Fossil canvas bags and Fossil wallets. The last Fossil bag I bought in leather looked terrible in just a few months and I was really disappointed. I would recommend their canvas bags, but not the leather bags.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I don't plan to carry this bag a great deal, just when a cross body seems useful. I looked at the Dooneys and the thing is   Although I like the brand ( I have several ) , I don't care for the look of their crossbodys. I think that I will try the Fossil, if I don't like it , I will return. Thank you again for your responses. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I had one in a beautiful turquoise color.  Since I'm retired and don't go much, most of the time it hung on a hook on the back of my door to the garage.  One day I lifted the flap on the front of the bag to discover the whole bag had faded terribly, except under the flap which was now a whole lot different from the rest of the bag.  I'd only had it a couple of months.  It wasn't anywhere near any light source.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've had 2 Fossil handbags.  The one that I carry now I've had for about 3 years.  It's one of their shoppers in a cognac color.  Absolutely love it and haven't had any problems with scratches.  The leather looks beautiful.