Super Contributor

I know that they say you do not need to spray a florentine bag with water repellant but i live in Washington State and it rains. Has anyone sprayed theirs and if so what brand of spray did you use? Thanks in dvance.

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't sprayed mine but I have gotten it wet many times and it dried perfectly.  When I first got one of mine, it had a funky, mildew smell and I sprayed it with a deodorant/water solution every day for about 10 days.  Got rid of the smell, no damage to the bag.  If you spray, I'd only use something formulated for leather. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Thank you. I have a can of spray but it is for suede so i will get something for regular leather.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't spray it with anything.

Valued Contributor

@plc123  Definitely a personal choice to spray or not. I do and use Apple Guarde Spray Repellant  and/or Apple Guarde leather conditioner lightly. There are a  few You tube videos  on how to if you decide to  (Pecan Tanned Beauty has a great one) Testing a small section on the bottom first is  always good.

Esteemed Contributor

The sprays can be useful, but not for good leather.  Just keep it conditioned with a oil based product.

Long ago I ruined a good pair of boots with spray.  Keeping them polished and oiled is a much better water repellent.

Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone. I bought the natural color and i was just worried about rain spots since in Washington it rains alot. I will check out You Tube.

Honored Contributor

I would go with whatever Dooney says.  I have a favorite leather recliner that I'ver never treated with anything.  My neighbor chastised me, saying I should use the three products they used on her hubby's recliner.  When they moved they had to toss that chair, it was dry and cracked like crazy.  And it was a good brand name.  

Honored Contributor

Apple Brand makes a very good conditioner that even some Louis Vuitton owners have used on their vachetta leather and most owners don't believe in conditioning LV's leather.  It's sold all over, including Amazon.   I personally have never used it but know some who have and they've been happy with the results .....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone.  e-mailed Dooney but never heard back.