Super Contributor

I have my eye on a luxury LV bag.  I found a "pre-loved" one listed on Fashionphile.  I am not familiar with this site.  Any input would be appreciated...

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashionphile

[ Edited ]

I'm not familiar with this particular site either, but I know there are many selling "knock offs".  Buyer beware.

I went over for a quick look.  Found a used bag for $10,000+, so I guess they're not knock-offs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Go to the purse forum, there is an entire thread about Fashionpile.

Super Contributor
cgil, Fashionphile along with other online consignment shops like Yoogis Closet and Couture USA sell authentic pre-owned designer handbags. These online shops sell other pre-owned accessories such as scarves, sunglasses and key chains.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kachina624, there are indeed many sites selling knockoffs, especially LV ones. It's important to note that there is only ONE LV website and that is www.louisvuitton.com. Many sites have names such as "LV outlet" or LV handbags", etc. They will post photos of authentic LV handbags but what the buyer actually receives is obviously a fake.
Super Contributor
MENTL, I was about to say the same thing about going on PurseForum; thanks for mentioning this. PurseForum has a wealth of information on designer handbags and related issues.
Respected Contributor

Re: Fashionphile

[ Edited ]

Fashionphile is awesome.  I have bought a few bags and small leather goods (SLG's) from them, all LV.  They have a good return policy and even offer a buy back amount that is good from a bit of time after the return period.  This allows you to carry the bag (like bag rental) and sell it back before the end of that timeframe. 

My bags and SLG's have been exactly as described.  Its a good way to not pay full price and get bags that are no longer available.

Deb

Ps.  Yoogi's Closet is great too.

Super Contributor
That's great to hear SFGIANTSGIRL. Although I have yet to do business with Fashionphile, I have sold a few handbags to Yoogi's Closet and was very pleased with the results as well as their service.