Respected Contributor

Re: Fall will soon be here; what handbag will be THE bag for you?++

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Even though I don't need another bag, I've been admiring the saddle bags in all of the ads.  When I was clearing our some old things  the other day, I found a really old Coach bag in the saddle style, in a beautiful dark red. I truly forgot that I had it, What a find , it looks almost new. I remember when I got it at TJMax for 150.00 and the same bag was at the dept. store for 350.00. Shopping in your closet can be great !!

Oooooh.... A vintage coach saddle bag! Love it. I finally dug out the first coach bag I ever bought in the 1970s because it is a trim flap-style saddle bag. Shoulder/crossbody. Perfect, esp this year when coach has brought out some new but vintage style mailbags. I also found in my closet a genuine snakeskin crossbody bought in Italy in early 1980s. That will go up in eBay!

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Even though I don't need another bag, I've been admiring the saddle bags in all of the ads.  When I was clearing our some old things  the other day, I found a really old Coach bag in the saddle style, in a beautiful dark red. I truly forgot that I had it, What a find , it looks almost new. I remember when I got it at TJMax for 150.00 and the same bag was at the dept. store for 350.00. Shopping in your closet can be great !!

Oh, I bet that is gorgeous, Indoor Kitty!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the older/original Coach bags.

I have the original Coach Saddle bag that they made and it was purchased at Hecht Company for 175.00.  At the time, it may as well have been 1,000 dollars. lol  It's in great condition still.  It was when Coach bags were made well.   I just don't care for the quality of their straps on their handbags.  That's why I don't purchase them anymore.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

dooneyshearling.jpeg

I'm going to have to give my Dooney shearling saddle bag some love this fall and winter. And my Oryany Mindy in Flame. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Oh, I bet that is gorgeous, Indoor Kitty!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the older/original Coach bags.

I know , I was so thrilled to find it, and now I have a. " new "bag. !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom  This reminds me of Colorado; Colorado Springs, to be exact. Perfect for winter. Love it!!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

dooneyshearling.jpeg

I'm going to have to give my Dooney shearling saddle bag some love this fall and winter. And my Oryany Mindy in Flame. 

You really do have to roll out Ms. Mindy... @jaxs mom...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chocolat

My usual fall bag is my Vera Bradley Hobo Bag in Chocolat (photo is not mine).

But I also just purchased this LeSportsac bag and I expect I will be using this one a lot as well. This is my first LeSportsac so we'll see how it does in terms of durability. I got it secondhand off Ebay for only $9.

LeSportsac

Personally I prefer cloth bags because they are lighter to carry and I like fun prints.

Trusted Contributor

I have 5 vintage Coach leather bags that I have owned for years and I rotate according to season.  Winter - Black; Spring - Green; Summer - White/black; Fall - British Tan; Christmas - Red.   When I put them away, I stuff well with paper (white, not newspaper!), clean with KIWI leather cleaner, give a good coat of KIWI leather conditioner and buff, and put them in their cloth dust bags.  They look as good as new!!!

Honored Contributor

@dragthewaters  I used a VB diaper bag for all my boys; wears like iron. I also use her pieces for traveling. LOVE them. Good choice!
Honored Contributor

@gonnab  You are a woman after my own heart. Quality will last FOREVER when cared for, especially. I bet you have some gorgeous bags!! I envy you those Classic Coaches!!