Respected Contributor

Re: Fall will soon be here; what handbag will be THE bag for you?++

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Even though I don't need another bag, I've been admiring the saddle bags in all of the ads.  When I was clearing our some old things  the other day, I found a really old Coach bag in the saddle style, in a beautiful dark red. I truly forgot that I had it, What a find , it looks almost new. I remember when I got it at TJMax for 150.00 and the same bag was at the dept. store for 350.00. Shopping in your closet can be great !!

Oh, I bet that is gorgeous, Indoor Kitty!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the older/original Coach bags.

I have the original Coach Saddle bag that they made and it was purchased at Hecht Company for 175.00.  At the time, it may as well have been 1,000 dollars. lol  It's in great condition still.  It was when Coach bags were made well.   I just don't care for the quality of their straps on their handbags.  That's why I don't purchase them anymore.  

Me, too! I dug out my first coach saddle bag from 1970s because the look is hot again. The old coach bags, from the days before their cheaper fabric bags were everywhere, were the best. Ditto old Dooneys! Dooney's current florentine bags are in that same category, quality- wise, thank goodness!