Honored Contributor

Re: Fabulous new Brahmin satchel LARGE, blues!

[ Edited ]

@1Professor  The blue is pretty and the bag is also interesting in 'Veranda'...

At 15 x 10, it's a larger bag, but certainly not too large. As noted, I don't typically carry bags for such long periods of time that their size or weight becomes a big factor. They go from home to the car and from the car to my destination. I agree with you that when I know I'm going to have to carry a bag for any length of time I'd probably opt for something smaller but could easily see using this bag often. I do wish Brahmin would lose the elongated metal name place. Though it might be somewhat slender and understated, I just do not like it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Oh, my I adore that color choice.

Natural.

Basic + a bit of novelty . . .

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  Love the bag and the colorHeart I love big bags and medium bags and small bags and mini bags and and and...............Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @IG + all

I caved. Surrendered. Succumbed.

However, I am returning a LARGE Patricia Nash bag I just carried today for the first time. Which totally didn't work, seemed to collapse on itself, handles awkward.

This Brahmin, for a denim gal, is fabulous. Can't wait.

Went for 2 day shipping.

15681379946547phpIHnzE1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Yes @1Professor I think you got it right the first time... The operative word is CAVED...

Woman LOL

Hope it delights and exceeds expectations...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@1Professor  GORGEOUS splurge!!!! Heart

You will carry it happily and look divine...enjoy...I know you will...EEL Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I love Brahmin handbags,  and Dooney too.  As a collector of both,  I've learned to check measurements and also that the 2 compies measure differently.  Dooney measures at the base of the handbag..... Brahmin measures at the widest and tallest point.

The difference in measurement approaches makes a big difference in how large or small we might think a handbag is based on that info when we haven't seen the bag in person!  And it's even more of a factor when the handbag has a design where the top and bottom are different lengths,  or the top is not straight across.

Also,  in many cases,  the depth (base) of Brahmin bags are narrower than Dooney bags.   Of course,  Dooney makes some bags with narrow bases also,  but in my experience,   even Brahmin satchels and totes have much narrower bases than Dooney handbags.

The depth of the base affects not only how much you can put in the bag,  but also how big and bulky the bag will feel.  This is especially true if you wear the handbag on your shoulder or crossbody.

These differences are no a criticism of either brand.  They are just something we need to be aware of if we are buying a handbag without seeing it in person.

Respected Contributor

1Professor, it is a beauty.  Just love the lapis color and of course, no one does crock like Brahmin!  I own about 10 of them myself, and I have always been pleased with the craftsmanship, colors, and style.  Wear yours in good health!