Contributor

I just ordered a Frye Melissa tote in cognac as a birthday present to myself. I can't wait to get it! Does anyone have one? Are you happy with it? I have wanted one for quite a while, I am hoping I love it and don't have to return it. 

Honored Contributor

I own A346257 Frye Leather Samantha Quilted Shoulder Bag which is not available any longer.  It didn't really live up to what I thought.  I felt the shoulder strap was way too thin for the size of the bag.  It's nice, but again I expected more.  I hope you like yours. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a Frye small cross body bag that a have fallen in love with.  I was a Dooney fan forever.  No longer.  Now I'm a lover of Frye bags.  FYI....I have seen Frye bags at TJMaxx and Marshalls.  Also Saks off 5th.

Honored Contributor

I purchased it last year from L&T and returned it.  It was absolutely beautiful but I didn't like the shoulder straps they were not comfortable at all dug into my shoulders.  The bag was also alittle heavy for me.  Frye's leather is beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

I’ve owned a Frye Melissa tote for about 5 years. Bought it at Nordstrom. It’s  Indestructible. I never baby mine.  It’s been out in rain and snow without any special treatment.  It’s been thrown in the backseat or on the floor of my car and the leather only gets better. It can be a little on the heavy side. The leather will change— just fyi. Enjoy your new tote! 

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for everyone's  input. It finally arrived today and I love the way it looks. The color (cognac) is just what I was hoping for - sometimes TV does not convey the actual color of a handbag. After I ordered it,  I was wondering if the dark brown would have been a better choice. I was prepared to send the cognac back. But when I opened the box I was thrilled with the cognac. So glad I got it !!