Regular Contributor

Experience washing Lug fabric?

Does anyone have any experience with washing the Lug fabric bags?  I'm speaking of putting them in the washing machine perhaps on gentle cycle?  If I take mine to the hospital I really want to be able to clean it properly afterwards (visiting my mom).  I know the nylon fabrics are wipeable and I usually just wipe them down with disinfectant wipe and I could probably just spray the fabric bags but I have asthma and really hate to use that Lysol spray or anything else with aerosol.  I'm specifically thinking of my heather navy Ranger bag...it's small and I think it might wash up ok.  What do you think?  ANyone try this yet? (In light of COVID19)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Experience washing Lug fabric?

I have not done Lug, but I have done Baggallini bags.  They do fine.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining. The Lug material used is much different than Baggalini material. Baggallinis are much better made with a much higher quality (and therefore a little weightier) material used.
Respected Contributor

I have washed my Lug bag in the past. I put it in a mesh lingerie bag and washed it in the machine on cold.  I then let it air dry.  Mine came out fine. 

Honored Contributor

@indiepup    Couldn't you slip it into a plastic bag while you're in the hospital?

If I washed it, I'd take it outside, hang it on something and turn the hose on it using a bit of Dawn.  The spin cycles in a washer could make a mess of the linings and zippers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

thanks!  that's what I was thinking @itsmagic 

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 the plastic bag is a good idea!  thanks!

Honored Contributor

@indiepup. I honestly think the Lug fabric would not do well in the washing machinr. Bgg machine. Fabric is not sturdy enough.

I have washed all my Baggalinis in the washing machine, hung to dry, and they have come out fine.
Respected Contributor

@indiepup The Lug website gives the following instructions:

All of our products are protected with a water repellent finish; to keep that intact we suggest you spot clean using a wet cloth. If your bag requires more than spot treatment we suggest a hand wash with a mild detergent in a tub or sink. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry for a few days. Good as new!”

Honored Contributor

I didn’t put it in the washing machine but I did rinse the inside with water and wipe it out. I had a bottle leak that was not water in my lug bag. It’s fine after. I didn’t wash the whole bag because the moisture did not leave the zippered section in was in.
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval