Honored Contributor

Re: Dooneys no longer for sale at Lord and Taylor

@roxxy1 I don't think I've ever seen anything from the Alto line in the stores... They're beautiful but pricey and I suspect most stores wouldn't stock them... The better stores surely sell bags in that price range, but I guess they want to keep Dooney with their more middle of the road bags so don't include their higher end bags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@jackthebear   Fashion center. 

They also closed the Coach store in Paramus Park.

People are pi****ed they have to go to Garden State Plaza now.

I heard that from a manager at Coach that works at GSP.

I hate GSP, it scares me !

there's a Coach store at Riverside,

I don't go to GSP that much either,

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@stevieb@jaxs mom  My local L & T had a pretty big selection of D & B.

From nylon to pebble to  Florentine.

The only ones I never saw were Alto or the sport team logo ones.

I was looking to see if they had a natural large barlow~~~in florentine.

Oh well, I live.......

go to Woodbury

Frequent Contributor

I also live in north jersey. I don't go to the malls anymore. Too expensive and no dooney or Brahmin anywhere. At 54 years old, I'm done with Michael Kors.

i go to Woodbury commons. I wish they would get a Brahmin store there!

Esteemed Contributor

I was at L&T in Fairfax, Va last week and they had plenty of Dooney's available.

Respected Contributor

I was also looking for Dooneys in the Lord & Taylor Scarsdale store, and was told that they were not being sold any more!  Very disappointing!  Ever since the Hudson Bay Company took over Lord & Taylor, it has been going downhill.  I was looking for the Petites department there and was told that L & T was no longer carrying petites because they weren't selling.  The store is changing and not for the better!  I would rather purchase at the Q as long as they keep Dooney and bring in more petites!

Honored Contributor

@momjules wrote:

I also live in north jersey. I don't go to the malls anymore. Too expensive and no dooney or Brahmin anywhere. At 54 years old, I'm done with Michael Kors.

i go to Woodbury commons. I wish they would get a Brahmin store there!

I might be wrong

but there may be one there now,  we were up there in the fall, and there are so many new stores.  You should check the website.

Honored Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

I was also looking for Dooneys in the Lord & Taylor Scarsdale store, and was told that they were not being sold any more!  Very disappointing!  Ever since the Hudson Bay Company took over Lord & Taylor, it has been going downhill.  I was looking for the Petites department there and was told that L & T was no longer carrying petites because they weren't selling.  The store is changing and not for the better!  I would rather purchase at the Q as long as they keep Dooney and bring in more petites!

Dooney aside, I'd agree that L&T has declined in recent years... It's still a nice store, but not what it used to be... CS in the stores remains good, but online or by phone, it's pretty much not... And their web offerings, to me, are lacking... Unless something's changed in the last year or so, I'd also note I stopped shopping with then online when it became somewhat the norm, in my experience anyway, for them to continue to show products they no longer had in stock, process orders and then alert you the item wasn't available... I've also had issues with then honoring sale prices within a week or so, but merely offering a chintzy discount on future orders...

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I was at L&T in Fairfax, Va last week and they had plenty of Dooney's available.

I think a lot of what's offered where is geographical in nature and based on what's been a good performer at any given store... 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I 'm guessing QVC sells as many as they do because of easy pay, stores don't do that.

I agree, the only reason I have 2 dooneys and a Aimee K is because of easy pay.  I find that 2 are enough. I really like the looks of the Anuschka bags on Evine.  When I do decide to purchase it will be on value pay as well.  I never see those bags in any stores.  I have seen dooneys at TJ Maxx a couple of times.