Respected Contributor

Dooney: suede, suede and more suede

In my experience, suede does not hold up well.  Dooney is pushing the suede handbags with multiple offerings.  Just beware, suede will disappoint.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney: suede, suede and more suede

@maximillian wrote:

In my experience, suede does not hold up well.  Dooney is pushing the suede handbags with multiple offerings.  Just beware, suede will disappoint.

suede is the look of fall.  i do happen to have a vintage dooney in suede, and it is VERY thick. haven't had a problem with it thus far.  however i haven't felt or handled any of the newer ones, so that may have changed. 

Honored Contributor

I have a black suede bag, it's not Dooney but similar brand.  Like suede boots, it does just fine in the winter.  I bought a suede brush and suede cleaner and it looks great even though its several years old.  The only concession I made is that I never carried in in sloppy wet weather.  

Honored Contributor

@maximillian 

I have 2 Dooney clutches (Navy & Honey) in suede from last year.  

They are nice and have held up very well.

Always receive complements.  I did ScotchGuard them as it rains 

a lot here.

Have you tried them?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

i do love suede...please offer more

Esteemed Contributor

I had a suede medium brown coat back in my 20's and loved it.  Would love a handbag but don't like Dooney's styles. either cross body    or too small 10 inches wide.

I look when that line is on - but no deal here.

(typically don't like his designs at all)

Respected Contributor

I much prefer Dooney suede to the nylon they had been pushing.  I would never buy a Dooney nylon bag - just too expensive.

Honored Contributor

Depends on how you care for it and treat it.

Respected Contributor

I have been using a suede bag since the middle of September.  I like to change my bags with the seasons.  I think suede is very fashionable in the Fall!

I do avoid getting it wet.  I can't be bothered to treat it, but it is a smart idea.

I will switch to a sturdier bag (hard leather or plastic) for Winter use.

I also have suede boots, both high and low, that I really love to wear because they are so soft and comfy.  Again, I do not wear them in heavy rain or snow.

Honored Contributor

I only carry Dooney purses because of the durability.  If it's a suede Dooney I'm positive it will last forever.