Respected Contributor

Dooney: suede, suede and more suede

In my experience, suede does not hold up well.  Dooney is pushing the suede handbags with multiple offerings.  Just beware, suede will disappoint.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney: suede, suede and more suede

@maximillian wrote:

In my experience, suede does not hold up well.  Dooney is pushing the suede handbags with multiple offerings.  Just beware, suede will disappoint.

suede is the look of fall.  i do happen to have a vintage dooney in suede, and it is VERY thick. haven't had a problem with it thus far.  however i haven't felt or handled any of the newer ones, so that may have changed. 

Honored Contributor

I have a black suede bag, it's not Dooney but similar brand.  Like suede boots, it does just fine in the winter.  I bought a suede brush and suede cleaner and it looks great even though its several years old.  The only concession I made is that I never carried in in sloppy wet weather.  

Honored Contributor

@maximillian 

I have 2 Dooney clutches (Navy & Honey) in suede from last year.  

They are nice and have held up very well.

Always receive complements.  I did ScotchGuard them as it rains 

a lot here.

Have you tried them?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

i do love suede...please offer more

Esteemed Contributor

I had a suede medium brown coat back in my 20's and loved it.  Would love a handbag but don't like Dooney's styles. either cross body    or too small 10 inches wide.

I look when that line is on - but no deal here.

(typically don't like his designs at all)

Respected Contributor

I much prefer Dooney suede to the nylon they had been pushing.  I would never buy a Dooney nylon bag - just too expensive.

Honored Contributor

Depends on how you care for it and treat it.

Respected Contributor

I have been using a suede bag since the middle of September.  I like to change my bags with the seasons.  I think suede is very fashionable in the Fall!

I do avoid getting it wet.  I can't be bothered to treat it, but it is a smart idea.

I will switch to a sturdier bag (hard leather or plastic) for Winter use.

I also have suede boots, both high and low, that I really love to wear because they are so soft and comfy.  Again, I do not wear them in heavy rain or snow.

Honored Contributor

I only carry Dooney purses because of the durability.  If it's a suede Dooney I'm positive it will last forever.