Super Contributor

Dooney saffiano leather bag..maddie

I am thinking of ordering this bag. Was wondering does this leather ever soften up? I know it is pretty stiff. Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney saffiano leather bag..maddie

[ Edited ]

If saffiano start softens up it loses it's pristine shape and looks  like any other used bag.

The draw to me with this leather is that the shape stays perfect and the bag is superlight.

The saffiano's I own have not soften. They look great.

Frequent Contributor

I bought this bag as the tsv. I got the violet quartz. With the matching wallet. 

Im not a saffiano fan so this is my one and only saffiano bag. 

Each to their own. I think it's a pretty structured bag. 

Honored Contributor

I really don't like Saffiano leathers.... but I bought this one in Taupe (which is a Dove Gray color) and I LOVE THIS BAG!!  I was attracted to it because of its trapizoid shape.  I loaded my stuff in it and have found it to be extremely convenient, light enough, and love the color, easy access and I usually wear it over my arm although I have put it over my shoulder.  The leather has not (and probably will not) soften, but that's Saffiano.

Even still not favoring Saffiano leather, this particular bag has been a hit with me!!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Not that I know of.  I stay clear of Dooneys because of the weight.  They are nice looking but weigh too much with all the buckles and heavier leather for me.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength