Valued Contributor

Dooney "Orange" color -- can you describe?

Can anyone please describe what Dooney's "orange" color is like?  With their sale this weekend, I am looking at their bags and considering that color.

Is it an all-year type color?  Is it a deeper color or more pink-ish orange?

(Not the burnt orange, it's just described as orange on their website.)

Thanks for any input.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney "Orange" color -- can you describe?

I have a pebble leather zip zip Dooney in a very bright saturated orange. The color may be discontinued because I got it on sale at Macy's in December. After all the coupons, I got it for $118. I could wear it year round. I get lots of compliments on it.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @chessylady, for the input.  And, I wondered that, too, if it was a color they weren't doing anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the logo lock in orange and it's basically the color of an orange fruit. I think it's pretty year round, it's a basic middle orange shade. Not warm, not dark but reasonably well saturated and no pink or red to it. I think it looks great with black and navy and it would look nice with brown. Here's a picture of mine that I posted before when we were discussing measurements. 

IMG_0256.jpg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Thanks, @jaxs mom.   Good to hear all that!  It's not usually a color I'd consider; but, I've definitely been considering it recently.

Honored Contributor

I added a photo of mine

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Oooh, thanks, @jaxs mom.  That's great!!  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23  There are great pics a seller on EBay posted...and for the Barlow bag you wanted in orange...and it's $299!...so about 33% off.

Put the following in the EBay search bar:

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Leather Large Zip Barlow in ORANGE $458

Wow! What a yummy pumpkin color Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I have the logo lock in orange and it's basically the color of an orange fruit. I think it's pretty year round, it's a basic middle orange shade. Not warm, not dark but reasonably well saturated and no pink or red to it. I think it looks great with black and navy and it would look nice with brown. Here's a picture of mine that I posted before when we were discussing measurements. 

IMG_0256.jpg

@jaxs mom this is the color I am looking for to use for Fall Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

IMG_0256.jpg

@jaxs mom this is the color I am looking for to use for Fall Woman Happy

@gramygram and @jaxs mom...as I mentioned in my post above, reminds me of the perfect shade of pumpkin...beautiful! Smiley Very Happy