Respected Contributor

Dooney price increase

[ Edited ]

Today, 03/15,  I watched some of the Dooney show.  A bag I like was one of the featured items.  So, they raised the price by $20 .  Then for today's show they put the bag on a sale price.  Oh, you would have to pay the high shipping fee.  So, the "SALE" is almost the same price as the full price bag was just a day or two ago!   Wow.  I guess the Q figures we don't know how to do simple math or else we don't know how to use a calculator!  I know it's business, but this is almost insulting.  Sale price, indeed!

Honored Contributor

Unless they're offering a true price reduction and one of the rare free shipping events, this is the very last place I'd purchase a handbag. They almost never offer a truly good sale price and their shipping charges are among the highest out there for a pricey bag, many of which ship free over a certain price point from many other retailers.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Agreed.  I should add, I did not purchase the Dooney bag. 

Valued Contributor

My TJX has some D&Bs priced in the $100.00 range. I recently bought one and sold it on Poshmark and made a nice profit. My customer also got a good deal...a win win for both of us. 

Esteemed Contributor

I rode the Dooney bag train for quite awhile. I have too many and haven't carried one in a long time.  Have all kinds of styles and leathers but I guess my taste has changed and I no longer like or carry structured bags so my Dooneys are relegated to the back of the closet or donated.  Rediscovered my classic soft Coach and Kate Spades.  I still look but no longer tempted to buy.  

Trusted Contributor
I agree with @mspatmac! Time to revisit some old favorites! D&B handbags don't tempt me at all anymore! A few months ago I gave away quite a few of my no longer used Dooneys and I hope they are enjoyed by their new owners!!!
Respected Contributor

@country gal wrote:

My TJX has some D&Bs priced in the $100.00 range. I recently bought one and sold it on Poshmark and made a nice profit. My customer also got a good deal...a win win for both of us. 

smart move!