Frequent Contributor

I have 20 Dooney bags so I am not afraid to pay money for a bag. But I refuse to pay $228 for a coated cotton mini cross body. Seriously???

Honored Contributor

I thought that price was ridiculous too.

Contributor

I agree.  I stopped purchasing. I buy other designers in all leather for less.  I hope others respond to your point and Dooney views these reviews. I do,like the brand very much, but be reasonable please.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased a Bitsy bag from I Love Dooney for $55, no tax & free shipping.  It's coated cotton.

Esteemed Contributor

Well...I did....just because it had a Disney theme. I purchased it at Disney World.

It is just a fun bag ....but I wouldn't buy another one....

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I so totally agree, Dooney in my opinion is  far overated anyway. I think all of it is the power of suggestion in buying a certain brand. Their leather bags are very durable but that is about it, nothing special.

Respected Contributor

@QVCpal wrote:

I have 20 Dooney bags so I am not afraid to pay money for a bag. But I refuse to pay $228 for a coated cotton mini cross body. Seriously???

@QVCPal I completely agree. I have a ton of Dooney's but no way am I paying that much for a coated cotton. Good grief.

Respected Contributor

Im not defending them per se, but Louis V. bags aren’t leather and look at those price tags!   I like nice handbags but refuse to pay full retail prices. I just got a gorgeous logo lock sac for $99 at ilovedooney. My hubby doesn’t know he picked the perfect gift for me!  Enjoy the holidays everyone! 🌲 

Honored Contributor

@QVCpal wrote:

@QVCPal  The coated cotton doesn’t bug me...price either. My LV is coated canvas and costs more $. What I’m tired of is the same styles done over & over in various leathers with the same brown trim. Now they all look alike.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Im not defending them per se, but Louis V. bags aren’t leather and look at those price tags!   I like nice handbags but refuse to pay full retail prices. I just got a gorgeous logo lock sac for $99 at ilovedooney. My hubby doesn’t know he picked the perfect gift for me!  Enjoy the holidays everyone! 🌲 

Dooney bags were my first designer love years ago.  I love handbags and have owned LVs, including Special Editions, Epi leather, Vernis, etc. as well as Burberry, Kate Spade (leather), Fendi, etc. and have to say that Dooney's coated canvas is a lot nicer than a lot of coated canvas that I've seen.  With Fendi being last on the list....  

However, LV's Monogram (and Damier) coated canvas is far superior to anything on the market because they have developed their own proprietary blend of PVC coating and they make their own canvas!  Their canvas coated items last forever!  

And all in all, after selling almost my entire collection of LVs and other designer brands, I still keep coming back to Dooney, but favor their florentine line with the leather linings.... Woman LOL

Yup, still a fan... Woman LOL  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*