Trusted Contributor

Dooney-more clearance bags than I rermember

Noticed last TSV day that there were many of the higher end Florentine Toscana bags on clearance and now today they have even added to the number in this show with Jill. They are still pricey even on clearance.  Thinking they have not sold well since they came out.  Barlow actually went on sale early IMO also.  I purchased that one on sale and had to return it as it was horriblycolor- streaked-striation-on both sides of the bag.  I always do admire many of the bags, so this is not a knock on the brand.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney-more clearance bags than I rermember

I visited one of the QVC outlet stores last month and saw a variety of Dooneys on display. In addition to being $$$, the bags were HUGE and in many cases heavy. I own many Dooneys and enjoy carrying them. I was not tempted by anything in the store. I bought the blue/ black Flora satchel for myself last spring and the crossbody as a gift. Since then nothing new has tempted me. I would like to find a black patent zip-zip if one exists on the resale market, but that's it.

I am already set for spring and summer with last year's Flora which brought me compliments almost daily from both men and women and my new bag that DS selected for me as a recent birthday gift. He gets his stylish good taste from his mama!

Honored Contributor

It seems to me unless you are adding a Lot of new Dooney customers , you must reach a saturation point. I love handbags, but after awhile enough is enough.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It seems to me unless you are adding a Lot of new Dooney customers , you must reach a saturation point. I love handbags, but after awhile enough is enough.

ITA!!! It is to the point of saturation.  They need to sell some other brands.  I was surprised when I saw the Toscana florentines on clearance already but even that price was still to high. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

ITA!!! It is to the point of saturation.  They need to sell some other brands.  I was surprised when I saw the Toscana florentines on clearance already but even that price was still to high. 

More true words were never spoken. Their narrow branding has become relentlessly boring... You walk into a department store and your going to see at least a dozen or so brands of handbags. Around here, there's essentially one, with a few occasional supporting players. I never watch Dooney any more. Sick of looking at them and hearing the same spiel over and over. And this is true of far more than just handbags. It's the same things over and over again.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...