Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney has a hokey new collection.

[ Edited ]

@tiara1 

Huh, I had to go look up the Bolero bag. I never knew it was a thing. Sure was colorful. 

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like two eyes staring out at me from overdone bottom lashes...not my style. When was it popular?

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@tiara1 wrote:

Ok, who remembers when Dooney had the Bolero Bag?  I've been begging them to bring a new version of those beautiful bags back....the colors were fabulous!

I had a bolero bag.  Sold it on ebay.

@faeriemoon  Don't blame you...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for that Bolero satchel, it looks like a tarted up version similar to a front pocket satchel that Dooney and QVC offered for several years but with a different handle configuration. I believe at one point it was a TSV sold with accessories... I still own one but without the extra, uh, decoration... I think they did several incarnations of this sort of boxy front pocket bag over the years, sometimes with double pockets and sometimes with a single pocket, also using different leathers...

Dooney & Bourke*Front Pocket Satchel*Marine Blue*w/Accessories 17092i S151  | eBay

As for the new horseshoe line, there aren't many places more 'horsey' than Virginia horse country, where I've spent my share of time over the years, but as noted, while I wouldn't mind a bag with a subtle horse motif, and, in fact, might find one appealing, that giant double horseshoe is a non-starter of an aesthetic as far as I'm concerned... Each to their own... Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for that Bolero satchel, it looks like a tarted up version similar to a front pocket satchel that Dooney and QVC offered for several years but with a different handle configuration. I believe at one point it was a TSV sold with accessories... I still own one but without the extra, uh, decoration... I think they did several incarnations of this sort of boxy front pocket bag over the years, sometimes with double pockets and sometimes with a single pocket, also using different leathers...

Dooney & Bourke*Front Pocket Satchel*Marine Blue*w/Accessories 17092i S151  | eBay

As for the new horseshoe line, there aren't many places more 'horsey' than Virginia horse country, where I've spent my share of time over the years, but as noted, while I wouldn't mind a bag with a subtle horse motif, and, in fact, might find one appealing, that giant double horseshoe is a non-starter of an aesthetic as far as I'm concerned... Each to their own... Woman Wink

@stevieb I had that bag in both the signature print and the leather version.  It was a great bag but it never stood up properly on its own.  It always tipped forward as the base wasn't deep enough.  

These days I refuse to sport the initials DB on anything.  Also, I prefer a pocket free exterior.  My tastes have changed I guess.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  In most instances I'm very tired of bag branding, logos and especially of most 'signature' fabrics. There are exceptions, but not many. I do still like some sort of pocket to make keys, etc., highly accessible but can make do with decent inside organization coupled with a pouch or two of my own inside the bag. Though I have a number, I have not used a Dooney bag in recent memory. I like the bag above but if memory serves me, I tended to find it a bit on the small side. I might work for me now on those days that I pare down what I carry.