Frequent Contributor

Re: Dooney has a hokey new collection.

Ok, who remembers when Dooney had the Bolero Bag?  I've been begging them to bring a new version of those beautiful bags back....the colors were fabulous!

Frequent Contributor

Just went to the Dooney website, and the interior of the Western bags are gorgeous- bright blue paisley print!

Honored Contributor

@tiara1 wrote:

Ok, who remembers when Dooney had the Bolero Bag?  I've been begging them to bring a new version of those beautiful bags back....the colors were fabulous!

I had a bolero bag.  Sold it on ebay.

Valued Contributor

I bought one with my Preakness winnings Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree that they failed in the execution of the design.  Some people see horseshoes but I see a cup free bra, just the underwire.  If they would have designed the horshoes with one dangling from another it would have looked better.

Respected Contributor

Come to Missouri or Oklahoma, there are a lot of people that love western motif.

The handbag is very well done and far from hokey for horse lovers.

I had a pure white Tennessee Walker with a black saddle and bridle.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think this is hokey at all..  But then I am surrounded by ranchers and cowboys.  If you live in a large city like NYC well then maybe you don't like it because you can't relate.  I love the collection.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Angier

@faeriemoon 

Just IMO, a better execution.

I know it’s upside down for the “luck” thing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Not my cup of tea, but my taste most likely is not shared by many. For western bags, I love the American West collection. They are well-made and come in a variety of styles.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

No worries @faeriemoon they look hokey to me too... A subtle western motif might have been one thing but that massive horseshoe is just ridiculous... It's unfortunate because some of the silhouettes and colors that are part of the collection would be pretty without the horseshoe... This one is right up there with those oversize locks they used on whatever short lived collection that was... You remember, the one that had people wondering if they could cut the locks off the bags... And also agree, I have no need for a several hundred dollar bag that celebrates Disney characters and they went a bit too far with the sports memorabilia bags...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you could hang the purse over your door as a good-luck charm Smiley Tongue