Respected Contributor

Dooney from March-TSV arrived

The 2 TSVs I ordered in March arrived today.  It's the Italian nylon with leather trim and the silhouette is a tote.  It has a pouch and key fob included.   I'll say overall I am pleased and will keep them.  I'll give you a few of my thoughts.  The colors I purcchased are LIGHT AQUA and PERSIMMON.  The light aqua is very pleasing to the eye, but honestly, I think I would have named it light mint.  The persimmon is also pleasing to the eye, but again, I would have named it differently: orange, but not a garish orrange.  The size is good for me.  It's a roomy tote, but not overwheming in size.  The straps are not adjustable, but are a good length.  I can easily wear the bag with a fleece jacket or a merino wool sweater, probably a "big coat" would be okay, but my big coat is put away and I hope I don't have to get it out for many months!  The pocket on the outside is a tad small, but I can live with it.  The organization on the inside is a typical set-up for Dooney bags.  The tote has a top zipper, and I like that feature for security.  The tote is lightweight.  It's a very good bag and I think I will use both my bags in Spring, Summer and through the Fall.  By the time the TSV price, reduced shipping and tax were added up, each bag cost me $122 and change.  I feel that is a good value for this item.  I was not interested in purchasing when I first saw it on-line, but I am glad I did go ahead and order.   All-in-all, like I said, a very good bag.  It's not great like a beautiful Florentine leather bag or a high-end pebble leather bag, but well-done and a good value, IMO. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney from March-TSV arrived

@maximillian I am glad you are happy with your purchases.  I looked at buying but felt like I needed to save for the unknown and make do with what I currently own.  I am frugal to the point I still use a flip phone and the "butt of many jokes" about my dinosaur phone.  Carry them in good health and enjoy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boomernichols 

Too funny; I have a flip phone.  I live in a valley and have poor cell phone service.  I have to go outside my house and stand in my driveway to get reception.  Also, I just don't talk on the phone that much.  Needless to say, we still have a landline in our house.  I can live with it.  It does make me feel secure if I am driving alone in my car to know I have the flip-phone in case I need it to summon help in case of an emergency.  That is really the only reason I even have it. 

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian Mine came yesterday.  I think exactly as you, the bag is well constructed and the right size.  A bit smaller than my other Dooney tote.  I picked it up in Red.  I do like the color but it wasn't as deep a red as I thought it would be.  It has a good amount of orange in additon to the red.  

No question this is a keeper, of course I debated what color I wanted and went with the Red.  As soon as I received it, the light turned on: my spring/summer rain coat is PINK - Pretty sure I won't be using this dooney when I wear that jacket! 

@Boomernichols Don't put that cell phone down...They're coming back!!

Respected Contributor

Glad you are enjoying your nylon Dooney TSV.   I bought a nylon Dooney a few months ago,  and I was very impressed with the quality also.   I've always preferred a leather handbag, but bought the Dooney nylon for situations where I needed something lighter weight.  The quality of the Dooney nylon was right up there with the quality of their leather bags.... the leather trim was beautiful,  the stitching and  construction of the bag overall were excellent,  the nylong was attractive and good quality.

Honored Contributor

Mine arrived today - I really like it for what I wanted it - traveling.

It's the perfect size and the navy is nice - and I may order the red from Macy's since it's on sale there.

Normally I don't carry a tote but its not that big and would work!

IMG_6107.jpg

Super Contributor

I got the persimmon bag. Beautiful color.  I'll wear this  through the Fall.  I only wish it had a slip pocket in the back.