Super Contributor

Re: Dooney fans: can you please explain their appeal and super high prices?

I, for one, am sorry I bought the 5 or 6 Dooney's I bought 4 or 5 years ago. The totes I own have no organization and neither do the leather ones which are heavy and uncomfortable to carry . I much prefer the MK tote have 4 of them and use them for work every day. Own quite a few other MK bags and am very happy with them. Just purchased a few wristlets by MK and Coach which hold my Iphone 6 S Plus phone. I prefer both brand s to Dooney, however, it is a matter of personal taste. Buy what you like best and what fits your lifestyle best

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Bait post.  If you dont like the brand, fine.  Asking others to explain why they do is useless.  

@Shawnie

No ... it's a fair question.   Posters discuss brand preferences in plenty of other threads, so why not gain a little insight when it comes to handbags?

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I liked the Florentine line they had a few years ago but they have really shrunk it. I do have a few Dooney bags but too often they lack organization and I hate the tan contrasting leather on the corners and handles of some of their lines. 

@jaxs mom

My sister bought a Dooney bag that she thought she'd love and carry forever .... but it had no outside compartments and the inside was basically a bucket.  Hard to keep things organized that way!   

She returned it because she was pretty sure she wouldn't carry it and be happy.   

Everyone's preferences are different and the little things can mean a lot when it comes to handbags!

Honored Contributor

Tried couple DB bags, Returned each one. Not for me.