Contributor

Dooney colors and style questions

I have never purchased a Dooney but have really liked some of the styles.  I have some questions for the Dooney mavens out there - are the taupe, grey and elephant colors on qvc the same as on I Love Dooney?  The colors on the other site looked darker for some reason.

If anyone owes the drawstring style, does it stay securely closed?  I like that style but always buy bags that zip on top for security.

Thanks in advance!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dooney colors and style questions

Yes the colors are the same if they are authentic Dooneys.

Never owned a drawstring style, but on TV, it shows they stay securely closed. 

Enjoy!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Valued Contributor

The color of the bag depends on which leather you are buying. I own the grey in 2 different leathers, one in ostrich and one in florentine, and they are similar, but not the same.  You can't compare the website colors, they are not the same, but similar, if you can watch the Q on tv or the Q website, that will give you more a true color, or go to a store near you to see the colors.  I have always purchased zip top bags, but ever since my first drawstring bag, I like them better, I now own 7 drawstring bags and love them much better than zip top bags, they are easier to open,  And yes, they close tight.

Honored Contributor

I own at least 10 Dooney drawstring bags and they stay cinched very securely!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

Thank you all!  I think I might take the plunge and order a drawstring oneSmiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had several Dooneys, I usually give them away to my sister or daughters to make room for more.... I love the Zip zip syle and have also had the drawstring . I found the drawstring to be heavy. But I just ordered two of the Gretta Kendall Drawstrings . I only wanted one... tried to cancel the smoke color when the timoro brown popped back but   in less than 12 hours it was not cancellable! So I have both enroute along with a Sutton Zip zip in Timoro brown. I love the saffiano leather, I have a zp zip in Elephant color very neutral and classy.

You'll love Dooney

Valued Contributor

Oh, my.  Welcome to a very bad sickness.  I'm sure I have Dooney disease!  But, I love each one of my bags.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find the colors vary based not only on the type of leather or fabric, but also the color of the leather trim.

I just received my first zip zip in Red fabric with very subtle Ds in the fabric. I love it! It is a true lipstick red which reminds me of LC's red color. The leather trim is a nice honey (I think that is what Sue called it) and looks great with it. It was a one-time only price.

Hope you get the answers you need☺️