New Contributor

Dooney and silver hardware...

Maybe it's just me, but I do not like the trend of  Dooney using more and more of the silver hardware. I passed on a bag yesterday because of it. Hate it!  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney and silver hardware...

I'm just the opposite, I insist on silver, I guess they can't please everyone all of the time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I am just the opposite in that I prefer the white/silver tone hardware. These things seem to run in cycles as the yellow tone had been trending in the recent past. To each their own, variety is the spice of life!

Mint

Honored Contributor

I don't stress about bag hardware color.  Some styles and colors look better in silver, others in gold.

Honored Contributor

Dooney  has always used brass for their hardware.  It's been one of their trademark features.

Only recently have they started to produce silver colored hardware at the request of their customers.  Very few of their items have the silver hardware.

I think it is a wonderful idea.  I like silver better and I want a new bag with silver.

It has been very difficult for me to talk myself out of another Dooney bag.  I have been collecting since the late 70's when I saw a bag in John Wannamakers. I still have my first one.

I keep telling myself, no more bags, no more bags!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several Dooneys and love them all but.........mine all have goldtone hardware. I am not a silver lover,  and wouldn't consider any handbag done with silver hardware.  I think some colors look better with gold, and some with silver. It would be great if all bags offered both options depending on the color selected. I know some offered on QVC do have both choices - a perfect solution !

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I love, love, love the silver hardware.  That brassy stuff has been a deal breaker for me.  The silver looks fresh and new. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't stress about bag hardware color.  Some styles and colors look better in silver, others in gold.

I don't either @faeriemoon and I certainly don't categorically refuse to buy a bag because of the color of the hardware... I like pretty much any color, depending on the gestalt of the bag, which is what matters most to me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't either @faeriemoon and I certainly don't categorically refuse to buy a bag because of the color of the hardware... I like pretty much any color, depending on the gestalt of the bag, which is what matters most to me...

_____

Ditto ladies.  I often prefer gold or gunmetal, to silver, but it depends on the overall look of the bag. A couple years ago, Coach had a bag, with a hardware, that, from a distance, read gunmetal, up close, it had a slight deep olive greenish hue. It sounds kind of awful, like it had tarnished, 🤓, but, it was stunning.  I hadn't seen it before or since; I'm guessing, it either wasn't cost effective to produce, or 😈 I have truly awful taste and I was the only fan! 

I remember the bag was way pricey, but I loved the hardware♥️

Valued Contributor

I LOVE the silver hardware and bought my 1st Dooney bcz of it. I would love to see more of it on bags. Loving the Toscana Florentine bag that I bought and the silver looks stunning. Loving that they are putting more silver on the higher end bags...Smiley Very Happy