Frequent Contributor

Dooney and Burke

[ Edited ]

Woman Tongue

Enough already with all the Dooney and Burke! Hours on end through out the days!

Spread the wealth around to Amiee, Taganello ETC. I for one don't want one and will not pay those prices! IF I wanted one I can go to Thredup.com and get a slightly used one!

Esteemed Contributor

@floridagal46 wrote:

Woman Tongue

Enough already with all the Dooney and Burke! Hours on end through out the days!

Spread the wealth around to Amiee, Taganello ETC. I for one don't want one and will not pay those prices! IF I wanted one I can go to Thredup.com and get a slightly used one!

Especially when there is nothing new.  I usually check out the show but lately it's been the same old stuff.  Kudos to the poor hosts who try very hard to keep the presentations fresh.  Enough Dooney unless you have something new

Contributor

what is your problem??? you can't even spell

Valued Contributor

Nobody is making you buy a gorgeous Dooney and Bourke bag, so go buy the brand you want, but you don't have to say bad things about Dooney bags. I think they have the very best handbags out there, but to each his own.

Honored Contributor

We all are lacking in our spelling skills from time to time, I am quite guilty of it myself.  However, not capitalizing a sentence  is taught in the very early years of elementary school.  Much earlier than most spelling words.

Love Dooney and Burke but there are other bags out there to consider.

Thanks for the thread @floridagal46

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

We are all rushing to post and spelling and grammar often fall to the wayside.  I personally don't want to take the time to go back and make some of the corrections and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  

About Dooney... it was my first Designer handbag love and I still enjoy watching the shows.  I know the product and the inventory and I still enjoy the shows.  Can't help it.  I've owned Gucci, Chanel, Balenciaga, quite a few Louis Vuittons and have ended up selling all of them over the years. But Dooney is still a staple in my closet because of the quality and convenience of the bags.... just love them!  Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

It is Bourke and rhymes w/cork. So many of the Q people call it Burke and it is not.

Respected Contributor

I for one love the Dooney shows.  The Q can't have enough for me as I check the program guide constantly to see when shows are on.  In my opinion, they are the best made handbags out there.  No other brand can compare to them!

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's Bourke, and yes, I'm tired of them... If they hope to retain the interest of a wide audience QVC needs to broaden their horizons across the board and clearly with handbags, offering more than the same one major brand, incessantly, and the same few minor brands, occsionally. I no longer watch the shows. Along with so many other brands, they've beaten Dooney into the ground.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love Dooney and Bourke bags but too much of a good thing isn't necessarily a good thing.