Contributor

Dooney and Bourke

[ Edited ]

I am trying to understand why QVC offers so little selection on Dooney?

I hope Dooney is not leaving QVC.  Dooney left HSN. 

Trusted Contributor

You are better off shopping for Dooneys on their website or on I Love Dooney.  They offer free shipping and flex pay.

Esteemed Contributor

@MandyR136 ..... Try going directly to the Dooney website.   They do not charge any shipping fees on purchases over $119.00.   They have a large selection with lots of colors.  Also they often have sales.  

Respected Contributor

I remember the years (not all that long ago, really) when there were two or three TSVs from Dooney during the calendar year.  I didn't always like the offerings, but it seemed like they sold well.  The selections these days seem repetitive.  Any new choices don't appeal to me.  Like everything else, prices have gone up.  The quality of the Florentine bags isn't as good as it used to be, according to several people who have posted to that effect.  It does seem like the brand is "winding down" on QVC,

Honored Contributor

QVC has featured this brand forever. Perhaps it's simply run its course. Even major department stores have cut the brand loose. Anyone still interested can order from Dooney or from I Love Dooney, their online outlet. That said, most of the bag brands QVC seems now to be pushing out there are of little interest to me. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love Dooney & Bourke and it was my first Designer bag.  My first was from a Thrift Shop and quite worn, but enough left for me to be happy!  It held up for a very long time and I continued to buy them (or find them used).  I still have about 3 or 4 purchased and used in the 80's that are still in great shape.... they look new, far newer than my P. Nash I received at Christmas.  I now have two Nash bags and one wallet and am SO not impressed compared to my Dooneys. 

I looked forward to the Dooney TSVs every year and managed to buy the ones I fell in love with....and they held up beautifily.  Can't complain about any of them and they go back to the 90's.  I tried loving the Nash bags (I love tooling).... but the construction of the bags has me feeling a bit fooled by all the hype.  I doubt I'll be investing in any more of them.....        

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I was browsing on Dooney's site yesterday. Right now they have 30% off everything. I bought the black/black pebble leather zip crossbody. I was considering the white as well but wasn't sure I liked the tan corners and strap. Still considering it though.

What do you all think about tan trim on a white bag?

The styles haven't changed much if at all over the years but the bags I have are durable and withstand heavy wear. I go for the leather. I bought the crossbody yesterday because I've always favored a crossbody style but this one is smaller. I'm gravitating toward smaller bags now. The larger bags were so convenient for to/from work, they would hold the kitchen sink! But I don't need that now. 

Their Florentine leather is lighter in weight than it used to be. Maybe they received comments to lighten the leather so the bags wouldn't be so heavy. To me that was a shame. I have the Clayton style which is so gorgeous. It's thick, luscious, weighty Florentine leather.

Trusted Contributor

I was happy to see bags in pretty colors for spring, but so much is the same old style.  I wish they would offer more variety.  I remember when they used to do more coated cotton bags and had a lot of different colors and designs.

My first Dooney was an Alto leather bag over 20 years ago,  I still love that bag!

Trusted Contributor

I think dooney is still a popular brand.  They had quite a few bags sell out yesterday.  So someone is buying.  LOL

Yes.  It's me.

LOL

I ordered two dooney bags.  The crossbody mail carrier or whatever it is called in the mustard yellow.  I have been wanting this bag for a while. I could never commit to a color because I kind of hate the cognac leather trim they use on everything.  I know-- it's their thing.  I also bought the floral pouchette crossbody in blue.  That one was more of an impulse buy. 

I do have to agree, you can find more on the dooney website.  I actually bought the coin purse and the hobo with the big hook closure from the site last summer at a much cheaper price than QVC!  I like Dooney but like other brands, too. 

I also agree with others about the boring selection.  I have enough satchels and tote.  My other problem with dooney, the leather is, its wayyy too heavy for me.  Granted the bag with the hook, the hook is super heavy.  Which I have to be careful to not load it up. 

Trusted Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

I think dooney is still a popular brand.  They had quite a few bags sell out yesterday.  So someone is buying.  LOL

Yes.  It's me.

LOL

I ordered two dooney bags.  The crossbody mail carrier or whatever it is called in the mustard yellow.  I have been wanting this bag for a while. I could never commit to a color because I kind of hate the cognac leather trim they use on everything.  I know-- it's their thing.  I also bought the floral pouchette crossbody in blue.  That one was more of an impulse buy. 

I do have to agree, you can find more on the dooney website.  I actually bought the coin purse and the hobo with the big hook closure from the site last summer at a much cheaper price than QVC!  I like Dooney but like other brands, too. 

I also agree with others about the boring selection.  I have enough satchels and tote.  My other problem with dooney, the leather is, its wayyy too heavy for me.  Granted the bag with the hook, the hook is super heavy.  Which I have to be careful to not load it up. 

@justashopper I watched them present a couple coin purses on sunday.  They're so cute!  Do you like yours?    

And I agree - some of their bags are heavy.... I lean more now toward their coated cotton.