New Contributor
I love Dooney and Bourke but I wish they would come up with better /prettier styles. Please,please for next spring design a straw handbag.
Trusted Contributor

Speak for yourself, I love D&B esp satchel, zip zip and bitsy styles.  Brighton does some straw, but it does not wear at all well in the NW where I live, too wet year round!

Trusted Contributor

Susan is wearing black and white strap sandals tonight ... anyone know what brand they are?  Cute!

Respected Contributor

Somehow I don't see D&B doing straw!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney and Bourke

[ Edited ]

Personally, I think the brand has grown rather stale. I acquired quite a few over the years, and will keep several, but I'll unload the others, with no plans to add more.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I just purchased a new Dooney from their website.  It is from the Robertson Collection (I guess from Duck Dynasty ~ never saw it, but anyway)....  I really like the pattern!  It looks like camo but it's with Dooney ducks!  I decided to get the crossbody bucket style since I don't have anything else like it.  At this point I have so many handbags it has to be something really different for me to purchase and this is definitely different (in a good way).  I might be wrong, but I think they are offering 20% off this collection until the end of June.  :-) 

Honored Contributor

I AM A FREQUENT DOONEY & BOURKE HANDBAG BUYER. I HAVE MANY OF THE SATCHELS, BITSY'S AND SMALL LEXINGTON SHOPPERS. THEY HAVE SOME NEW COLLECTIONS ON THEIR WEBSITE, TAKE A LOOK! I REALLY CAN'T SEE THEM DOING STRAW! 

Respected Contributor

Straw and Dooney dont go together for me either.  But i agree that they are a bit stale. I think they are producing too many bags that look alike.  The newest innovations are 50/50 hit/miss in my opinion.  I havent bought a TSV since the Daffodil Drawstring a year ago.  i really like that bag and just bought the pink on clearance.  And once it softens, just a couple of weeks of use it will stay closed people.  I so liked the cat print and waited for it in other silhouettes but nada.   

Respected Contributor

pebble leather small shopper on dooney website, certain colors for $148 with free shipping. q had it last night for $164 plus shipping, so... looks like the same colors qvc was offering on sale is being offered at the dooney website. enjoy!

Contributor

I have a few Dooneys. I love how well the leather stays "new" looking, but in my opinion there is just not enough organization to their styles. I like multi compartments and outside pockets to keep things separated and easy to find. Tiganello does great in this department, but I prefer "all" leather ( not their vinyl trim and bottoms) and most of their bags have silver trim which is a deal breaker for me. I do watch all the handbag shows and love the ones that are well made and worth the extra money.