Occasional Contributor

Dooney and Bourke's new color: "Elephant"

I'm intrigued by D&B's new color, Elephant, and ordered their new small bag in this color to give it a try. In some presentations the hosts say it has a lavender undertone, in others they say it isn't gray, but the color of an elephant. It's hard to tell on TV. I did see the lavender undertones on one bag but not on another... And I always thought elephants were dark gray, so does anyone have any bags in this color and, if so, what do you think?
Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney and Bourke's new color: "Elephant"

The "elephant" color looks like a dark taupe, but taupe would be much prettier.  I would have to see it in person, but online I wouldn't order.

Super Contributor

Jane said last night that it's a cross between taupe and gray.  

Respected Contributor

I like the color a lot.  Very unsual and classy, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a darker version of oyster.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The color will vary depending upon the kind of leather,  but in general,  I believe the elephant is a grey with brown undertones.  So depending upon the lighting, it could look more grey or more a mix of brown and grey (which some call taupe).  To me,  a true taupe is a mix of grey and bone,  but Dooney taupes over the last few years have been dark and very brown.

Honored Contributor

It's an odd name for a color, IMO, although it's quite descriptive. No offense to elephants, but when l think of one, it conjures up an image of a large, unattractive animal, lol.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I own the Elephant color in the Florentine leather and find it to be a gorgeous dark gray.  No understones of any other color.  I love it, but remember that the color may be dependant on the type of leather being used... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I like the color very much. I'm partial to grey, and that elephant looks like it can take on a chameleon personality -- depending on what you're wearing it looks grey or grey/taupe. I especially like the color in designs with contrasting trim.
Super Contributor

I think the oyster and the elephant colors are great - both unusual and classy