Respected Contributor

Actually, I did spot an Amazon store in the Time Warner Center in NYC. So even they have a B&M presence.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm.  The pictures don’t look like flourentine to me.  I could be interested in the crossbody.   I lived in one of the patent east west crossbodies this summer and now I am attached to my flourentine black foldover crossbody.  Both of these bags simple small and perfect for around town buzzing.  This one is a little busy with the top stitching, corners etc.  and Dooney ought to make outside simple pocket a default I think. I do like that they are going to offer a choice of bags.

Frequent Contributor

What a disappointment. I will never purchase another bag without an outside pocket. My husband was going to buy me a Dooney for Christmas. The last Dooney did not work out for me - it arrived with a scratch on it. I so love Dooney - was hoping for something special. Thank you for the information

Respected Contributor

I thought the same thing. That little bag might be about the same size as the foldover crossbody.  I was wondeiring why they could put a pocket in the Beacon saddle  and not the domed crossbody. There's also a Selleria saddle bag.  At least on the cross body. The satchel has a definite aesthetic. I don't know about putting a zipper on that.--it might spoil the lines. I hate to say that because I like a nicely placed pocket. The satchel is really nice.

I bet this "Florentine" (Selleria) is more like Toscana leather.  I hope they're smooth.

Respected Contributor

Follow up after seeing them presented.  This crossbody is tiny!  I also think this all over white top stitching ruins these bags.  

Honored Contributor

That cross body is the size of my cosmetic bag, and my cosmetic bag is pretty small.  I carry a couple of lip glosses, a pressed powder, eyedrops, and antibacterial hand wipes.  You'd certainly never fit your regular wallet in there.  And who wants to change wallets everytime you want to use a crossbody?  

Honored Contributor

The TSV is an easy pass for me, too. Any TSV should be free ship....come on!!!! I also like a wider shoulder strap...those thin ones are painful after loading even a lightweight bag, much less Florentine leather which is weighty to start.

I don’t think I’d ever hold a bag in my hand and the handles look too short to hold on the crook of the arm if wearing a coat/sweater. 

Nice try, Dooney, with a new design, though. Oh, also like outside pocket for my phone so don’t need to keep opening the zipper.

Respected Contributor

The larger domed satchel TSV has my name written all over it.   I'd be delighted to own it in black, bordeaux, and steel grey.   Perfect style and size.   Now all I need is space to store them and someone to offer up their credit card.  Smiley Happy

We will see if I cave and buy one before the end of the day.

And yes,  the leather does remind me of the Toscana Florentine and the Alto leather.  Very rich looking and both of those leathers show scratches.

Dooney offers a variety of sizes and style of handbags.  We all have different tastes and needs.   I never carry a handbag on my shoulder or cross body.  Many of the TSV's just don't work for me,  even if they are lovely.   This one,  with the true satchel design,  is perfect for me.... both functionally and in appearance.

Respected Contributor
I was going to pass until I saw the gorgeous finish on the bag. I picked up the large satchel in tan. I love that spicy color. I really loved the Bordeaux and gray too, that sheen is magical.
Respected Contributor

Cosmic:  enjoy your new Dooney.   It's a beautiful handbag.