Honored Contributor

I almost never watch Dooney shows any more or, in fact, anything on QVC, but it did used to both crack me up and annoy me when they'd get into all the places you can carry a purse, right along with all the things you can put in a purse... Just a butt stupid way to kill time on what are usually too long presentations anyway... Sort of like the listing of all the people you can gift during the holiday season... You'd think after all these many years, they'd have come up with better shtick... As for bags, I save money by purchasing them elsewhere... Though there are rare exceptions, there aren't many deals to be had here...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Not too many months ago, Amy and the vendor, Ashley, spent time talking about how each one had such white teeth.  Then they asked each other about getting their teeth whitened.  Then they oohed and aahed about how great, and white, each one's teeth looked.  Very germane to the description of the Dooney & Bourke handbag they were presenting.  Such nonsense.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian  Why am I not surprised. I never could endure Amy and even when I was still occasionally watching Dooney shows, Ashley left a lot to be desired. Aside from losing interest in the brand, I more or less stopped watching because the better hosts were so rarely doing the presentations and they just became too pointless to waste my time watching.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Agree with your evaluation of host and vendor!

Occasional Contributor

On the 8/14/21 show, I am disappointed the host does not regularly provide dimensions, show inside of bag or show how the bag looks on the body.  

Valued Contributor

I despise that red lining in all their bags.  I wish they would change it.  I think at one time they did a blue pillow ticking lining which was preferable to that hideous red.  Even a plain, off white lining would be better.  

Trusted Contributor

That's why we need Sue Clifton to come back, she did a fantastic job in describing the details when presenting the Dooney & Bourke bags.

Honored Contributor

I don't really mind the red lining except when it clashes with the exterior.  It's fine in neutral bags, but the red lining clashes with my hot pink patent satchel.  I think the red cotton must be less expensive than the heavier neutral canvas they used to use.