Frequent Contributor

Dooney & Bourke stone vs smoke colors

I am looking for a grey bag, a true dove, steel grey. I found that style that I like, it is offered in smoke at 1 site and stone at 3 other sites. Does anyone have either of these colors? I went to the Dooney site and put it smoke. Different style bags have different colors, some taupe, some bluish grey. I am looking at a pebbled leather style.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke stone vs smoke colors

As you noted, it depends on the bag. To me, 'dove' and 'steel' are different shades of grey. 'Stone' is often greyish in tone, but is just as often more of a taupe or even a putty color. It might not be the case, but 'smoke' is probably more of a true grey than is stone. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@A1bratI have a D&B bag in Smoke and in pebbled leather. It's a lighter (not as light as a dove grey), true grey (not as dark or blue as a steel grey) and is perfect IMO. Wasn't fond of the taupy greys. Smoke seems to go with everything and is good for year-round use, although I didn't use it much during the winter since I didn't wear my grey knits this year.  Mine was purchased directly from D&B dot com. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

A1 brat, I’m asking the same questions!!  But I finally found the bag I want, it’s in Florentine leather, but I want to know about the color Charcoal.  I wonder if it’s a real charcoal color or is it more of a taupe color?  I wish we could find someone who has the color we want.  I have the light grey color in pebbled leather and it’s a true light grey if that helps.

Frequent Contributor

I have the charleston saffiano in charcoal. It is a  darker grey, not so dark that it looks black, you definitely know its grey. I'm sure the colors differ on different leathers. I like my charleston charcoal. I spoke with a lady on the phone at a Dooney outlet, she said smoke was a white grey combination and elephant was dark grey with some purple tones. I broke down and ordered the stone bag from Zappos. It should be here Friday. Have my fingers crossed.

Frequent Contributor

I received my stone bag today. It is a true medium grey. No taupe or mushroom undertones. It's a keeper...yeah