Super Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke sold on HSN Shameful!!!

@zanimac wrote:

A complete loss of Credibility and Status... I do not want to carry a handbag sold on HSN :- (((((((  Sooo.... Sad!!!  QVC how could you let that happen???

The same company owns QVC and HSN, so why does it surprise you?

Trusted Contributor

I just bought my first Dooney in about 20 years.  I bought it on their online site for a third of the price.  It's a cross body and I am very happy, it fits my need.  I will be 60 soon, any of you ladies that are buying a purse for status or credibility are wasting your money.  Buy a purse because you love it and need it please don't do it to impress anyone else..........

Respected Contributor

I was surprised to see it.  Maybe there will be MORE crossover from QVC.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

"Status" means different things to different people. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@Just Bling

If Dooney's are sold at those stores, they are in the bargain basement.  My daughter and I were in Bloomies and I was carrying a Dooney bag.  I felt like a poor bag lady!   The only Dooney in that store was mine! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I didn't read a post that welcomed you to the Community, let me welcome you @zanimac

Aside from established retailers who have an online presence and the dooney folks with an online presence, I can see some of your point as far as home shopping channel retailers. 

For many years QVC played up their relationship with the Dooney and Bourke organization and promoted many exclusive styles/colors etc.  So, from a shopping channel perspective, HSN didn't have them and neither did Evine.

It wasn't that you couldn't buy one elsewhere, you could sometimes get exclusive styles or colors at the Q.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Bets on whether the one-post wonder will return?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Well OBVIOUSLY OP does not shop at WalMart where half the women going in are carrying D&B. . . at least last time I was there.  Looking for a watermelon in May!  LOL!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@zanimac wrote:

A complete loss of Credibility and Status... I do not want to carry a handbag sold on HSN :- (((((((  Sooo.... Sad!!!  QVC how could you let that happen???

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean when you say HSN selling D&B is sad and a loss of credibility (?)  Why???  Ever since QVC and HSN were purchased by the Qurate Retail Group, I'm sure there will be many crossover items. For example, HSN now sells Clark's shoes and Kitchen Aid Mixers. How is D&B any different?

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@zanimac

GASP! I've got some great DB bargains at....TJMaxx!

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLHeart