Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke sold on HSN Shameful!!!

They are going on about the purses being designed in Italy and Connecticut.  If you look at the country of origin it says imported which probably means made in China.  🙄

Esteemed Contributor

Why not since Q owns it.   They are both shopping channels and the bags are massed produced now.

Visitor

QVC bought out HSN - the companies have merged,so it is only logical that both channels may begin sharing brands. It was odd switching channels to watch Dooney on both at the same time last evening.
Respected Contributor

I noticed that both QVC & HSN had Dooney on the same time last night.  However, I watched more of QVC because they have the latest colors and styles.  HSN seemed to have a neutral pallet for most of the bags.  I enjoy watching Ashley.  She is such a style maven; she is on a local NYC NBC "New York Live" show with mostly fashion tips several days a week and I really like her sense of fashion.

Respected Contributor

Ashley does a great job. She's not Sue, but she does her own thing.

I don't watch HSN. Haven't watched in about 7 years?  

If you think about it, it's not as weird as yout hink: often evine will offer the same categories during the same air times. If QVC offers Dooney, they'll have time devoted to Anushka or some other handbag. The same for electronics. And gardening. One time they were showing Croton Watches on evine and Manhattan Watches on HSN. Same company! 

And then have you ever noticed that Dooney will often feature specials on their website during QVC weekend visits?

I watch very litlle of QVC anyway. If they do show Dooney, I don't necessarily watch all of those shows. Maybe an hour, here or there. I try to see other things presented. They pop up in email.

Honored Contributor

That's interesting because my friend only buys Coach.  She can't understand why anyone would want a Dooney bag with those awful emblems on them!

My point?  Everyone likes different things.  Your trash is maybe my beauty....

Does it have HSN instead of Dooney on it?  If so, then I'd be a little concerned.

Valued Contributor

Just checked on a bag I have been eying. Both channels have it on easy pay, but HSN has free shipping. If its the exact same bag, that woud decide it for me.

Honored Contributor

@Mssmarty I believe that's not correct.  Quarate owns both QVC and HSN, among other companies.  I've not heard of any "merger" either.  Do you have information to indicate that what you're saying is now the case?

New Contributor

You do know that QVC owns HSN, right?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@zanimac wrote:

A complete loss of Credibility and Status... I do not want to carry a handbag sold on HSN :- (((((((  Sooo.... Sad!!!  QVC how could you let that happen???

Does it matter where you purchase?  If you likee Dooney why would you care what channel? I imagine Dooney is Dooney no matter what channel,  you can probably get them on Ebay.  Oh I have seen Dooneys at thrift stores.  People donate them because they have too many or eventually some ladies feel they are too heavy.  How would anybody know where you purchase your handbag.  I saw one at TJmaxx.