Valued Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke sold on HSN Shameful!!!

@@this is my nicI have seen or witness Adults from all classes with misbehaving children.Those driving BMW's to those driving less expensive cars. I drive a Ford pickup 150 from 1998, runs good by the way.You cannot judge some one by the car ,handbag or the jewelry they wear.

I purchase my handbags from Tjmaxx,Ross,Macy's and Dillard's.From coach to Calvin Klein to lesser known designers.At Macy's and Dillard's only purchase if the handbag on sale.

Speaking of Donney & Bourke I got my first one today as a retirement gift to myself. I was looking for another blue bag. I purchase the Morgan leather bag (came with a wrislet) from Ross retail@ $250.00 , Ross price was $159.00 on sale for ,$110.00 with gift cards I received it only cost me $50.00 dollars. While the tag D/B is about a inch wide,it's small.

Personally I don't Buy bags where the designer name is all over the bag.

As stated before,I buy what I like status has nothing to do with it

Valued Contributor

After testing my D/B handbag by wearing around the house,I returned it..The bag was well made,but I do not like stiff  or structured leather bags even at the bargain price. I have been looking for a small leather denim colored bag for every day use after retirement next week @@age 63 with over 35 years.

A handbag to hold a wallet , phone, keys,small umbrella, a small wristlet that holds wipes for my glasses, miniature flashlight, and hand lotion,etc.

Never worn makeup,because beside using my morning ritual  of Avenno products on my face& body there is not need for a makeup bag.

My favorite bags are Coach, I have 3 brown,black,pink hobo styles.  I when to Dillard's. I purchased  denim and  navy leather camera bag ,8.50 in length.6.50 in height, outside & inside pockets and,retail at $295.00 dollars on sale for$147.00 dollars. Also purchase a Dooney and Bourke six inch navy wallet at $68.00  with 8 card slots , retail at $108.00 dollars.Everything fits with room to spare.

While not a accessory,  but a need I purchased 4 new tires for my pickup truck and a tune up,( she gets a tune up every year) after all the truck should last another couple years.😀 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm confused by the OP's issue and perhaps D&B is not status per se but even when on sale, it's an investment bag for many people. I can afford D&B but I received one as a gift from someone on a tight budget and her excitement st this gesture  brought home the fact that this was a big deal and a luxury to many. So while I don't see the issue in the OP, scoffing at D&B as well as QVC is rather snotty. Such contempt for one of QVC's higher end vendors and QVC itself in a QVC forum. Um...ok...

Most people i know have never heard of Hermes and would offer meds to anyone spending that kind of money on a bag. As for LV, please, as a commuter in public transportation, I can count about 10 on each train car. Maybe, probably they are knock offs but the amount of knock offs alone destroyed its status more than a decade ago.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I see/find D&B bags in B&M here ie Marshall's & TJMaxx. Better dept stores sell them here too.

Neither the Q nor HSN have cornered the market on this brand.

@PINKdogWOOD  D&B is a good leather bag. Does it make it worth more or higher status if QVC or HSN? What’s the difference?

Esteemed Contributor

Really?  Shameful?  Please enlighten.

Frequent Contributor

Why is HSN different than QVC? 

Respected Contributor

What exactly is the problem?

Does purchasing anything from HSN embarrass you?

Over the years, I've bought hundreds of items from HSN. I've never had a problem, and I've always given them credit when people compliment my choices.

Valued Contributor

Just to be fair to the OP I'd like to share the home shopping mentality in my neck of the woods. In my area many feel that HSN is the Walmart and QVC is the Macy's and would faint if they saw a HSN box on their front porch. I shop at both and could care less what others think but right or wrong, the perception is very real in some areas of the USA. 

Honored Contributor

I suppose we will never know what HSN did wrong since the OP has not posted on these boards for almost a month.  Maybe she is in the HSN forums?

I never thought there was a difference between HSN, Q. or whatever name Evine is going by now.   Shopping, items and t.v., not rocket science.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@zanimac wrote:

A complete loss of Credibility and Status... I do not want to carry a handbag sold on HSN :- (((((((  Sooo.... Sad!!!  QVC how could you let that happen???

@zanimacI have bought some great products from HSN.