Valued Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke sold on HSN Shameful!!!

I am beyond confused with this post. Why is it shameful to sell this brand of handbag on HSN, is it somehow sacred only to QVC? I know I have seen it elsewhere, and places less "worthy" than HSN, such as T J Maxx, and even...ebay. Is HSN really that bad? I don't watch it, but I may have to see what is so bad about it! Hope someone can explain this to me. I feel a little naive.

Regular Contributor

I'm late to the party but who was HSN's rep for D &B?  Sue??

Trusted Contributor

@zanimac wrote:

A complete loss of Credibility and Status... I do not want to carry a handbag sold on HSN :- (((((((  Sooo.... Sad!!!  QVC how could you let that happen???

Whose credibility and status?  QVC has no control over where D&B is sold.  They do not own the product.

And, how would anyone know where you purchsed your D&B? 

I'm sure this is a bogus post and we will never hear from this poster again.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but I don't see the problem here.  In my mind, there is not much difference between HSN and QVC.  I consider them pretty much equal.  At least for what I buy from either or both.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, you are clearly too good to carry a handbag sold on HSN. I'm glad you shared that with us because now I can really respect you!

Honored Contributor

Holy Toledo - I saw D&B on hsn last night too and was pretty much blown away. But on the other hand if the Q now owns HSN perhaps the deal is 'sharing' vendors now ie passing them around between both network companies now.

Honored Contributor

I see/find D&B bags in B&M here ie Marshall's & TJMaxx. Better dept stores sell them here too.

Neither the Q nor HSN have cornered the market on this brand.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD Actually, I believe QVC does not own HSN. I believe they both have the same parent company.  

Respected Contributor

These bags are sold in various places, like TJ Maxx. QVC does not have an exclusive on them, maybe on certain styles and colors but not on the line.

Honored Contributor

@zanimac wrote:

A complete loss of Credibility and Status... I do not want to carry a handbag sold on HSN :- (((((((  Sooo.... Sad!!!  QVC how could you let that happen???

I'm sorry, but when did QVC become a "status " place to shop ??  You gave me my laugh of the day. 🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan