Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke sold on EBay...

@software wrote:

If the bags are priced low & that seller always has a supply, they are knock-offs.

knock offs won't have a legit Dooney registration number sewn into the bag, so when you go to register it, you know it's fake. At which point I'd contact the seller and Ebay.

Not that I'm buying any more Dooney's. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@athenian wrote:

Didn't QVC use to sell pallets of unwanted merchandise to merchants who would turn around and sell their items on Ebay?  I'm not sure they still do this.

You can tell when a QVC outlet has a new shipment of merchandise because lots of those items quickly turn up on Ebay.  

Ebay has a page on telling if a Dooney is a fake.  I think it was a bigger problem in the old days as the bags were more of a luxury item.  There are also websites that will help you authenticate a bag.

Yes back when i was buying Polish stoneware here from the Zanger company we saw the same thing on ebay.  The talk was it was excess that QVC sold in bulk.  I remember someone posting the terms of the purchases like a bill of lading sort of.  

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I have bought a number of Dooney bags on eBay and I have sold a number of Dooney bags on eBay. I was cleaning out my Dooney closet and open storage unit of my overflow of Dooney  bags, some of which were never worn, and I sold some this past winter. I collect them so sometimes I just have them around and I finally decide I need to make room. I receive many as gifts because my family knows,  "When in doubt, get her a Dooney." I even sold a new Brenna with plastic still on it because I received two of the same color for my birthday.I think some people make a business of getting bags at Dooleys outlet stores as well but I don't have one of those near me unfortunately. If you know the Dooney line you will not have to worry about ever buying a knock off because you will know the real bags. So don't worry as long as you pay attention to what Dooney sells. 

@libbyannE  Wow! What are those odds?  dahblink.gif........LOL

What color Brenna did you get 2 of for your Birthday? Smiley Happy

Got two of the midnight blue!

@libbyannE  Lucky you!!! Smiley Very Happy

Today I noticed a EBay seller selling several different colored QVC TSV Brenna bags with all the accessories for $210 (with about $15 on S&H)...which was the spark to start this thread. The QVC 'as is' price is $219...not including S&H....see?

So I would think buyer's remorse is out of the question...LOL

and I'm guessing there are other places to buy QVC TSV's at a bargain...a secret spot perhaps?  The seller/s wouldn't spend time selling if they weren't making a decent profit. So, somewhere these bags can be found for maybe $150-175...somewhere...

Inquiring minds want to know!!! LOL

Maybe ILD was selling the Brenna bags at about a 40-50% discount, but they still wouldn't sell them with all the accessories...

So the mystery continues Smiley Happy

Gotcha. Wish I knew!!! Where I live, it's QVC, department stores, and online places. I doubt there us a secret source. But I would love to know. 

Honored Contributor

I recently  purchased the Small Lexington tote in the Saffiano leather at Macy's for $107, plus tax.    Retail is $228

It was on clearance, at the register I can take 20% off and if I purchased a buyers pass for $5 I would also receive an additional 25% off.

It certainly crossed my mind to purchase about a half dozen & resell.    But I don't regularly sell in eBay & wasn't up to the hassle.  But if I had I would have also taken a picture of the paperwork, including the registration card, number etc to prove it was authentic to a potential buyer.

I post this as an example of how someone can sell bags on eBay for a profit.  I don't have a dog in this fight.  I've spent a lot of time on eBay and there are ways to chose carefully before sending a stranger your money.    eBay is not QVC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

I recently  purchased the Small Lexington tote in the Saffiano leather at Macy's for $107, plus tax.    Retail is $228

It was on clearance, at the register I can take 20% off and if I purchased a buyers pass for $5 I would also receive an additional 25% off.

It certainly crossed my mind to purchase about a half dozen & resell.    But I don't regularly sell in eBay & wasn't up to the hassle.  But if I had I would have also taken a picture of the paperwork, including the registration card, number etc to prove it was authentic to a potential buyer.

I post this as an example of how someone can sell bags on eBay for a profit.  I don't have a dog in this fight.  I've spent a lot of time on eBay and there are ways to chose carefully before sending a stranger your money.    eBay is not QVC

@software  Yes, I have purchased many D&B handbags/totes at 40-50% off...even those that are Florentine...

At Macy's, ILD, D&B during their 12 days of Christmas, Belks, etc.

Again, I started this thread specifically about QVC TSV handbags w/accessories Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@momjules wrote:

eBay sellers can go to the qvc outlets where maybe today's special value leftovers are.

buy them on sale for 89.00 and sell a 210.00 bag for 189.00 saying they are taking a loss. They just made a 100.00

When I sell one of my bags on eBay, I figure eBay and pay pal costs at 15 to 17 percent. I don't expect to make money but to clear space--so I can buy another bag, haha!

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Are u familiar with Ilovedooney.com? This is D&B's outlet --- first-quality and lower prices. I've purchased many Dooneys on this site - and all are perfect. When QVC sells Dooney's, the prices are always at the high-end, making the Q very rich.

Hi @kivah .. QVC sells most of their Dooneys at full retail price.  I rarely purchase any Dooneys from the Q because I can get them else where at either a much lower price ... or at least no shipping.  If I can purchase the same bag from the Q at full retail plus shipping... or buy the same Dooney from another website at the same price nut no shipping .. guess where my money goes??  LOL