Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke sold on EBay...

@JavaQueen wrote:

Really? Not always. I used to collect and sell handbags on ebay. 

There were different ways of getting new bags. I almost have never seen a fake Dooney. Fake Coach? Yes.

I did my fair share of scoping venues for good vintage bags. Women were happy to have them.  I would buy bags from unsuspecting people and re-sell them.

I no longer do it, because of restrictive ebay policies in place, the change in the market for such items and the re-emergence of bedbugs and other infestations. 

@JavaQueen  My point specifically is that to me, it makes no sense for a seller on EBay to sell a brand new, unused, NWT, even with plastic still on the handles, to sell at a lower price than QVC's 'as is' price for the same bag...

Unless, it is a buyer's remorse and they went past the 30 days to return...

Or, QVC TSV's with all the accessories can be bought at a D&B outlet store...I have never been to a D&B outlet store.

I have never seen a QVC TSV sold anywhere else beside QVC and EBay...

This is why I started the thread Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So you deal in  vintage D&B with all the plastic coverings on the handles & hardware?

Interesting

The OP didn't specifically mention vintage bags, which is an entirely different market from "new" bags sold on eBay with all the protective wrapping.

@JavaQueen wrote:

Really? Not always. I used to collect and sell handbags on ebay. 

There were different ways of getting new bags. I almost have never seen a fake Dooney. Fake Coach? Yes.

I did my fair share of scoping venues for good vintage bags. Women were happy to have them.  I would buy bags from unsuspecting people and re-sell them.

I no longer do it, because of restrictive ebay policies in place, the change in the market for such items and the re-emergence of bedbugs and other infestations. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise

all my D&B's are small nylon -- only one is a small leather satchel type. I can't carry heavy purses. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have bought a number of Dooney bags on eBay and I have sold a number of Dooney bags on eBay. I was cleaning out my Dooney closet and open storage unit of my overflow of Dooney  bags, some of which were never worn, and I sold some this past winter. I collect them so sometimes I just have them around and I finally decide I need to make room. I receive many as gifts because my family knows,  "When in doubt, get her a Dooney." I even sold a new Brenna with plastic still on it because I received two of the same color for my birthday.I think some people make a business of getting bags at Dooleys outlet stores as well but I don't have one of those near me unfortunately. If you know the Dooney line you will not have to worry about ever buying a knock off because you will know the real bags. So don't worry as long as you pay attention to what Dooney sells. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I have bought a number of Dooney bags on eBay and I have sold a number of Dooney bags on eBay. I was cleaning out my Dooney closet and open storage unit of my overflow of Dooney  bags, some of which were never worn, and I sold some this past winter. I collect them so sometimes I just have them around and I finally decide I need to make room. I receive many as gifts because my family knows,  "When in doubt, get her a Dooney." I even sold a new Brenna with plastic still on it because I received two of the same color for my birthday.I think some people make a business of getting bags at Dooleys outlet stores as well but I don't have one of those near me unfortunately. If you know the Dooney line you will not have to worry about ever buying a knock off because you will know the real bags. So don't worry as long as you pay attention to what Dooney sells. 

@libbyannE  Wow! What are those odds?  dahblink.gif........LOL

What color Brenna did you get 2 of for your Birthday? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Got two of the midnight blue!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE  Lucky you!!! Smiley Very Happy

Today I noticed a EBay seller selling several different colored QVC TSV Brenna bags with all the accessories for $210 (with about $15 on S&H)...which was the spark to start this thread. The QVC 'as is' price is $219...not including S&H....see?

So I would think buyer's remorse is out of the question...LOL

and I'm guessing there are other places to buy QVC TSV's at a bargain...a secret spot perhaps?  The seller/s wouldn't spend time selling if they weren't making a decent profit. So, somewhere these bags can be found for maybe $150-175...somewhere...

Inquiring minds want to know!!! LOL

Maybe ILD was selling the Brenna bags at about a 40-50% discount, but they still wouldn't sell them with all the accessories...

So the mystery continues Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Somehow....

I responded to someone's remark about vintage, etc 

Everything got tangled up into fakes, vintage, etc.  Anyway,

Yes, people with buyers/ remorse try to recoup their losses.  People do this on ebay all the time. They think they can match the price of a retailer. What's the point?

The bags will sit there until they realize they can't sell them.  Or if the other supply dries up.

Or sometimes they realize their mistake and sell at a loss later.

It makes no sense, I get it.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE  Lucky you!!! Smiley Very Happy

Today I noticed a EBay seller selling several different colored QVC TSV Brenna bags with all the accessories for $210 (with about $15 on S&H)...which was the spark to start this thread. The QVC 'as is' price is $219...not including S&H....see?

So I would think buyer's remorse is out of the question...LOL

and I'm guessing there are other places to buy QVC TSV's at a bargain...a secret spot perhaps?  The seller/s wouldn't spend time selling if they weren't making a decent profit. So, somewhere these bags can be found for maybe $150-175...somewhere...

Inquiring minds want to know!!! LOL

Maybe ILD was selling the Brenna bags at about a 40-50% discount, but they still wouldn't sell them with all the accessories...

So the mystery continues Smiley Happy

@libbyannE  I just want to add;;;

I think I am going to call a D&B outlet store tomorrow or Tuesday (because of the holiday) and see what they say...if they do offer past D&B QVC TSV's w/all the accessories Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

The qvc outlet has great sales and they put dooneys on sale for 69.00 to 89.00 

so you buy from there and then "lose" money when you sell it!