Honored Contributor

Dooney & Bourke sold on EBay...

Can someone enlighten me please?...just curious...

Every once in awhile I will browse the offerings...

Since QVC sells D&B TSV's that come with accessories, and I never see them sold as such anywhere else as a deal, how do sellers make it worth their while by being able to sell for less than the 'as is' QVC price?

Since I have never been to a D&B outlet store, do the sell QVC TSV's there too?...and for less than the QVC 'as is' price?

I ask because I often see NWT and with all the plastic still on the handles..so really never used.

If they were bags that the person bought through QVC but changed their mind, and maybe they waited beyond the 30 days to return...

However, these are sellers that sell LOTS of D&B...

TIA Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke sold on EBay...

Some people get them from outlets, so they would be cheaper. Otherwise, they might have gotten them as gifts or had buyers remorse.

Think more virtual garage sale and not "store." Lots of new items are sold at a loss because people want to get rid of stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

From my vantage point, I will tell you that many of these bags are vintage. I started collecting them when postage started getting so very high. The bags I purchased were made in the USA and are genuine. I need to get in gear and list some. The ones I got were shined up (assuming by a cobbler) but they are very heavy so shipping cost may render them not sell-worthy to me.

Yes, you can get some very good authentic deals, tho. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Are u familiar with Ilovedooney.com? This is D&B's outlet --- first-quality and lower prices. I've purchased many Dooneys on this site - and all are perfect. When QVC sells Dooney's, the prices are always at the high-end, making the Q very rich.

Honored Contributor

If the bags are priced low & that seller always has a supply, they are knock-offs.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Are u familiar with Ilovedooney.com? This is D&B's outlet --- first-quality and lower prices. I've purchased many Dooneys on this site - and all are perfect. When QVC sells Dooney's, the prices are always at the high-end, making the Q very rich.

@kivah  Yes, I have bought several D&B bags/totes from ILD for 40-50% off...

As I mentioned in the OP, I am talking specifically about D&B TSV's with accessories Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Susan Louise

From my vantage point, I will tell you that many of these bags are vintage. I started collecting them when postage started getting so very high. The bags I purchased were made in the USA and are genuine. I need to get in gear and list some. The ones I got were shined up (assuming by a cobbler) but they are very heavy so shipping cost may render them not sell-worthy to me.

Yes, you can get some very good authentic deals, tho. HTH

@LTT1  As I mentioned to another poster just now, and in my OP, I am talking specifically about QVC TSV's with acccessories.

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Some people get them from outlets, so they would be cheaper. Otherwise, they might have gotten them as gifts or had buyers remorse.

Think more virtual garage sale and not "store." Lots of new items are sold at a loss because people want to get rid of stuff.

That would make lots of sense in some cases, but not regarding sellers who, I'll state again...sell LOTS of D&B Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

If the bags are priced low & that seller always has a supply, they are knock-offs.

@software  Not the bags I have been looking at... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Really? Not always. I used to collect and sell handbags on ebay. 

There were different ways of getting new bags. I almost have never seen a fake Dooney. Fake Coach? Yes.

I did my fair share of scoping venues for good vintage bags. Women were happy to have them.  I would buy bags from unsuspecting people and re-sell them.

I no longer do it, because of restrictive ebay policies in place, the change in the market for such items and the re-emergence of bedbugs and other infestations.