Respected Contributor

So these bags are up to $350 and $380 for a bag that looks  like one my third grade had many years ago. I am sorry but these are just old fashioned looking with once in a while a 'stylish" one. These prices are outrageous. Actually most of the handbags prices on QVC are very high except for Tiganello.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke...really?

What I can't believe is how much they charge for their smaller crossbody bags and fabric bags.  20 years ago or so Dooney had more stylish bags  -- not sure why the same thing all the time.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think they are old fashioned looking and, in fact, there are quite a few Dooney's that I really like.  I do agree, however, that the prices of handbags is getting out of control.  The last Dooney bag that I really liked was close to $500.  I'm not spending that much on a bag!  

Edited to add:  Actually it was $468, and has been reduced to $425.  But I'm still not spending that kind of money for a Dooney and Bourke.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much 'over' Dooney...  Given the level of saturation on QVC, how could a formerly somewhat regular viewer not be...? For the most part, the only Dooney bags I'm really liking these days are their higher end bags and if I want to spend four or five hundred dollars or more for a bag, it's probably not going to be for Dooney and Bourke.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I am noticing thinner straps and much less hardware. In my opinion Dooney is taking a nose dive in looks, and the pricing is rising. The wonderful smooth florentine leather with the brushed goldtone is no more. The TSV they are selling today is not special to me. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel the same way as OP........the shows are showing the same old styles just in different colors/materials over and over and over again.  The shows are boring and predictable.  Seems like Peter Dooney isn't putting in a lot of time in the design studio lately.....just recycles the same things.  I've stopped even looking for a new fall bag and will carry my Roma 2 again this fall/winter.....it still looks like new and is stylish.

Respected Contributor

I'll stick with the Dooneys that I bought back in the 90's, better quality.

Valued Contributor

I really like Dooney bags.  Not all, but some IMO are quite beautiful. I don't feel their bags are overpriced but I have too many bags as it is and can't justify spending any money on handbags at the moment, regardless of price. I do enjoy looking and there are lots of new bags on the Dooney website this week.

Don't like Tig bags...never did. Different strokes though..

Esteemed Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

So these bags are up to $350 and $380 for a bag that looks  like one my third grade had many years ago. I am sorry but these are just old fashioned looking with once in a while a 'stylish" one. These prices are outrageous. Actually most of the handbags prices on QVC are very high except for Tiganello.

Different stroke for everybody I guess.  I feel that Tig bags are way overpriced for the not so good quality they give you.  Give me a dooney any day of the week.  Those bags will last forever. 

Trusted Contributor

I just saw a $500.00 bag sold on Q for $300. I know I bought an all black version at B & M store at full price.  This is a throw back to the old days, a Dooney and Bourke made in the old tradition.  But, it is not old fashioned in the way some perceive it.  The runways are ripe with this very style, few of them fashioned of the same quality leather, findings and construction.  Offering these higher priced bags has restored faith in QVC.  Recent offerings are beneath D&B , similar to a dumbing down , crowd pleaders for bargain hunters.  

.If they can charge $600.00 for a no name Supposedly haute couture brand of their own design surely selling a fine D&B at one third the asking price is to be commended.