Trusted Contributor

Good morning!  I am wondering if anyone knows if D&B has bags with silver-tone trim instead of gold-tone?  By that I mean zippers, clasps etc.  Everything seems in gold-tone and is very nice, I just like silver better.  thank you in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke question

@Tommie1965 wrote:

Good morning!  I am wondering if anyone knows if D&B has bags with silver-tone trim instead of gold-tone?  By that I mean zippers, clasps etc.  Everything seems in gold-tone and is very nice, I just like silver better.  thank you in advance!

Dooney pretty exclusively offers gold tone hardware.  Not  saying there might not be a departure from that out there somewhere becuase I don't honestly know, but I sort of doubt it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Thank you  stevieb !

That is pretty much what I figured.

Honored Contributor

I agree that Dooney should offer some silver hardware, especially with cool-toned bags, such as grey, blue and purple. Sue Clifton, Dooney's QVC rep., has a blog where she will likely read your request, and respond.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Occasional Contributor

I asked that same Question on QVCS Facebook Page and got directed to Dooneys FB Page They do have some but I do not think They are Ones that They Sell on The Q I guess They think Everybody Loves Gold I do not I like Silver Tone and I also like A Zipper Compartment in The Center of The Bag as well not many come with that Feature either They never listen to The Customers I do not get it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Out of all the D & B bags I own, only one has silver hardware.  I've been buying their bags for over 25 years.

ETA:  Actually, I have two with silver hardware.  One is a small double handle ostrich embossed tote I purchased about 5 years ago.  It has a small DB logo heart on it in silver.  The other is a hobo with a similar lock as the infamous logo lock QVC sells.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all the responses Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have the Harrison Hobo, which was a TSV a few years back, and it has silver hardware.  I prefer the goldtone though as most of my jewelry is yellow gold!