Super Contributor

Dooney & Bourke belvidere leather bag

Does anyone own a D & B bag in their new belvidere leather purchased from QVC or the Dooney website?  If so, what do you think of this new leather.  I would like to know if it is as soft as stated on the presentation of the logo lock.  Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke belvidere leather bag

I just opened the new belvidere leather logo lock from QVC.  The bag has the texture of the pebble grain leather from years ago, maybe not as pronounced.  It does feel softer from what I remember , unfortunately I do not have any of the pebble leather in my closet to compare.  I ordered it in the new blush color which is stunning.  I am deciding whether or not to return as the bag is a little heavy empty but the color is deliightful and the leather is softer than anything in my closet currently.  In all fairness this bag is larger than what I usually carry so that would account for the weight.  The bag is very rich looking and I will most likely keep it since it is lovely.  Hope this helps.  Perhaps you can find this leather in Macy's or Lord and Taylor if you have one in your area.

Super Contributor

@mermaid at the shore wrote:

I just opened the new belvidere leather logo lock from QVC.  The bag has the texture of the pebble grain leather from years ago, maybe not as pronounced.  It does feel softer from what I remember , unfortunately I do not have any of the pebble leather in my closet to compare.  I ordered it in the new blush color which is stunning.  I am deciding whether or not to return as the bag is a little heavy empty but the color is deliightful and the leather is softer than anything in my closet currently.  In all fairness this bag is larger than what I usually carry so that would account for the weight.  The bag is very rich looking and I will most likely keep it since it is lovely.  Hope this helps.  Perhaps you can find this leather in Macy's or Lord and Taylor if you have one in your area.

Thanks Mermaid at the Shore:  I ordered the blush and it just shipped.  Hoping it's a keeper.  Your review helped alot. Have a great day!!!

Valued Contributor

i have the tote bag from the web sight and it is great love the soft leather and lots of room. i have the taupe. websight has free shipping. the q does not.