Occasional Contributor

Dooney & Bourke apparently doesn't want to talk with customers!

Have you ever tried calling or writing Dooney and Bourke with a question? I have many times. They never answer my emailed questions and forget about calling them, because you'll get a message that they have "unusually high call volumn." Go the the following BBB link and read all the complaints on them. Don't waste your money on their items, because their so called Customer Service is the worst!

https://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/general-merchandise/dooney-bourke-inc-in-norwalk-ct...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke apparently doesn't want to talk with customers!

What a terrible way to do business!! I would highly recommend Aimee Kestenberg handbags.I purchased one of her bags through QVC about a year & half ago.I carried it for a couple of months & noticed that the bag wasn’t wearing well.I called the company.Customer Service was excellent!! They sent me a return label to send the bag

back to them.I was also directed to Aimee’s website.I was told to pick out any bag I liked.There were no price restrictions!! As soon as UPS notified them that they received the bag they shipped out the replacement!!

QVC should demand better treatment from D&B for their customers or drop the line!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Then I guess it's the luck of the draw, because while I agree that Dooney's customer service is not consistently responsive, I didn't find Kestenberg's efforts to be much better when trying to purchase a bag using a discount code they provided. The difference is I'll at least still consider a Dooney bag, but truthfully, I'm not much interested in either brand... Of course, there are an infinite number of wonderful bags and brands available, and one need not limit oneself to brands sold by QVC...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first time I called Downey, I gave up while waiting. The 2nd time I tried, someone eventually answered and they were very helpful. Sounds like they need to hire mire customer service reps. Their products are great, however, so that’s not a reason to not buy Dooney. (A handbag isn’t like an HVAC system or car that will require servicing at some point.)

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have contacted D&B customer service a couple of times by phone. I have never had a problem getting through.

I know that from working in a call center to not call in on a Monday or the day after a holiday because the  lines will be busy due to a high volume on those days.  I also do not call during normal lunch hours because all of the CSR will not  be on the phones at that time.

I have found that their CS reps to be very knowledgeable and helpful.  I collect Dooney zip around cross body wallets.  They come with a leather check book cover as an accessory.    I buy these wallets on e-bay or other secondary sources because they are no longer made. I purchased one that was like brand new, but the seller no longer had the check book cover.

i called Dooney and asked if they had any in stock and if I could buy one.  The rep said that she wasn’t sure, but she would try to track on down for me and call me back.

Well, she found one and sent it to me for no cost.  I offered to pay for it or even pay for the shippping, but she wouldn’t take my money.

I have called about repairs and asked about cleaning the leather.  I have never had a problem.  I have been collecting Dooney since I purchased my first bag back in the late 70’s at John Wanamaker’s.

Respected Contributor

I kid you not.  I am currently on the phone with D&B, waiting for them to pick up.  21 minutes and counting.

(Last night they had so many waiting, they would not even let you hold.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I have called .Dooney a number of times and found them quite helpful. I don't think I have waited more than four or five minutes and usually it's less than that. My calls have been to follow up on an online order or a return. They are very accommodating,

Respected Contributor

Well I think that website gives some pretty dam*ing reviews and I appreciate that information very much. Q should also be taking that "under advisement".On the other hand, I purchased a Travelon bag from QVC that fell apart very quickly but outside the 30 day period , and they were great when I called them (travelon). After proof of purchase and some photos that they requested, they replaced  the bag with a simlar one from their own website since they made that bag specifically for the Q, and didn't carry it themselves. Excellent response. The replacement bag however, has the same problem and is unusable too after  about a year unfortunately, so I won't want a replacement.

Frequent Contributor

I've owned D&B bags since before QVC even existed and I have always been a fan of the quality of the bags.  That said, I have never been impressed with D&B's customer service on any level.  I've never had to contact them regarding an issue with a bag - more for things like shipping addresses, etc, and they consistently are slow to respond and not exactly helpful when they finally do. When i find a new bag I want, I am always hopeful it will be carried by QVC or any other retailer rather than buying directly from D&B.  I really don't like to deal with them but I do love their bags.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skuggles wrote:

Well I think that website gives some pretty dam*ing reviews and I appreciate that information very much. Q should also be taking that "under advisement".On the other hand, I purchased a Travelon bag from QVC that fell apart very quickly but outside the 30 day period , and they were great when I called them (travelon). After proof of purchase and some photos that they requested, they replaced  the bag with a simlar one from their own website since they made that bag specifically for the Q, and didn't carry it themselves. Excellent response. The replacement bag however, has the same problem and is unusable too after  about a year unfortunately, so I won't want a replacement.

You get what you pay for.   LOL.